00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

darkwerewolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[art] Perfect Pet Art Contest

75,154 Views | 255 Replies

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-13 23:50:24

This... is the moocat, thought up two years ago, i finnally brought it to life with the motivation of this contest, a little story follows this little peice of trash mutant waste, two stories actually, first, the fake one: Nick walks in through the door from work and notices its a bit to quiet. "Dead, where are you?" he yells.
Dead: in the back, come check what i got from eBay
Nick: dear lord, what?
Dead: its a d.n.m.a combiner.
Nick: D.N.A.
Dead: dude, its 3 pm, no time for drinks and acid.
Nick: anyways, what do you plan on doing with it?
Dead: making the most edible meat in existants, i plan on combing cows, pigs, fish, and a chicken.
Nick: do you have these animals?
Dead: the machine came with the cow, but the others were way out there for my bugget.
Nick: so how do you plan to make up for the rest?
Dead: with this cat!
Nick: where did you get that?
Dead: just outside the appartment.
Nick: oh god.

Deadward places the cow and cat in his D.N.A. combiner, and slams the start button, making it stuck on go.

Dead: whoops

the machine starts to spit out these creepy looking imbreeds, some start to suck on their utters, others just look bloody retarded.

Nick: this defies everything normal and sane.
Dead: well, this is really, not what i expected
moocat: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooeeeoooowww

the really story was my buddy nick came online, i clicked on him and turned my head away from my computer, and instead of saying hi, he wrote moo, and then my cat jumped on my bed so i wrote kitty thinking i was saying the first thing, the convo then said: moo kitty.

thus, the birth of the moo cat... enjoy

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-14 06:39:01

This is mine, it's not much, but I thought "why the ... not".

So it's a cute dog by day, while at night it turns into a horribble monster that will take revenge on your greatest enemies.

Soooooow here ya go...

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-14 10:58:19

^^ My perfect pet

...This is indeed a disturbing universe... O_o

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-14 21:36:13

My perfect pet: Chuckles
A cyber crab that periodically emerges from your screen to serve you soft serve ice cream, a cold soda (choose from five flavors!) or a milk shake. He can also play you a tune on his musical teeth, and do stand-up comedy.
No mess, all deliciousness!

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-15 18:06:56

Meet Gashu! He's the perfect pet for you!
Gashu is a highly intelligent creature from Japan and is known there as the celestial kangaroo. His opposable thumbs allow him to use various tools and to help around the house. At an adult age, Gashu can grow to be 5 feet tall and weigh 115 pounds! His incredible strength allows him to lift almost twice his body weight! He can run at speeds of around 25 mph and can jump 4-6 feet in the air from a stand still position. Despite his illustrious physique, Gashu is a very gentle creature and makes a great pet even for families with small children. Females of the species have strong maternal instincts and can act as baby sitters if you parents out there need a night on the town. Gashu can follow most orders and can do an assortment of tricks including balancing on his tail and even standing on his hands.

Gashu is easy to care for and can eat most types of plant-life. Gashu loves fruits and vegetables, and has special sweet tooth for jellies and jams. He has a very strong immune system although he can get a light cold from time to time. Gashu loves water and can swim as fast as an otter. He delights in music, dancing, drawing, and painting. Some Gashu have even been reported to play video games from time to time, although no high scores were mentioned. ;)

Unfortunately, these gentle creatures are slowly being wiped out. Due to increasing human populations, the Gashu are no longer able to sustain themselves in their current environment. Their current habitat actually resides near the base of the three Holy Mountains of Japan, and they are often sighted in or around temple grounds. However, the Gashu are also hunted for the unique patterns on their skin. Some local traditions hold that a coat made from the patterns of a Gashu will protect the wearer. Though the poaching of these creatures is illegal, the high price offered for their skins causes many Gashu to die each year.

The only option left for Gashu is domestication. By adopting one of these magnificent creatures, you will save a life and gain a friend. Gashu is a very loyal and loving creature and will care for you.

Call 1-800-GASHU for more details, or visit us on the web at WWW.SavetheGashu.Com. Children, ask your parents' permission before going online.
----------------------------------------
--------------------
This was first sketched in pencil, and then scanned, inked, colored, and shaded in photoshop. Everything was done with all the basic tools of Photoshop CS3 except for the ink splatter, which I got from this resource image.
Resource

Also, you can find the full size version of Gashu here:
Full Size

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-16 09:23:15

My pet.
It's a Leech with legs and it can use them as arms.

There is one thing that Finnish people do better than Japanese people....

BOOZE!!!!

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-16 13:58:50

This is a random pet/thing I came up with. Looks more like it wants to eat you instead of playing fetch!!!

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-16 14:29:46

Here is a Tree Kangaroo. Yes they are real but I still would love to have this thing. I will probably post up something "fantasy" like, sometime too.

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-16 15:38:11

It s in my mind since I was about 9years old. This is my perfect pet. It is like me- lovely but with devil inside. He loves green, red and orange as he is. My little lovely devil!

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-16 16:25:36

This is my "Tea Demon"
He is doomed to forever being my pet, he can grant me all of my twisted or just disturbed wishes, and hes totally awesome!

(He also comes out of a tea cup :P)

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-16 19:21:40

Fear of the economic crisis ? Not anymore with you new business cat !

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-16 19:56:03

My perfect pet is a bunny llama...yeah, thats it, a bunny llama...bama. Teehee

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-16 20:19:03

Here is mine, It would be great to have!

I've been a member WAY too long... but now I write classical music! Check me out! k thx bye ;)

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-16 22:53:28

The majority of my pets die from negligence, sadly. So I figure my perfect pet would be undead so that I would never have to feed him and I could stress less about accidently killing him in any other way. My perfect pet is a combo of a bat, pug, and those wrinkly cats. The bat parts because it could track and eat mosquitoes (my biggest fear). The pug part because they are lovable and basically have the body structure of goo so I could nap on him. And the wrinkly cats because they don't shed or smell bad and so neither does he. He feeds on bad karma (you can see him in the picture eating some), so that I never have a bad day and always have great dreams when I sleep. Because my horoscope sign is connected to the moon, it's said that full moons are when I'm most artistic, so he also has the ability to soak in moon light and use it to shine that light from his eyes and give me creative energy when I'm getting artist block. I'd name him Dusty or maybe Shade. And that's my perfect pet. :)

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-17 02:29:37

George W. Monkey and Dick Chimpancheney. George and Dick in monkey suits. They're not potty trained and they don't know any cool tricks...but it is just so damn satisfying!

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-17 10:12:55

Here's some lizard something of mine ^^

Lemme drop some rhymes here/ Found this place it draws my tears/

Got look and great all around/ People call it the Newgrounds

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-17 12:09:35

This is a Fzz. No feeding, no mess, no hassle. Just a ball of fuzz with huge eyes. It is also sentient. Yay.

NO U

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-18 01:31:24

For the lowly retail associate who yearns for a 7ft tall teddy graham that will punish ignorant, mouth breathing customers, here is MONGO.

What's that old lady, you need to know where the pens are? Well, why don't I get MONGO to show you where they are, and while he's at it, smash your fucking brains in with one of the ten signs that says "Pens" in three foot tall letters you were standing right next to.

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-18 04:03:08

Puffer Sword:

it's silent
no feeding
no defecating
it's....edible maybe? (the puffer fish, of course!)

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-18 08:26:52

Because I think ahead and I know that global warming will turn Canada into a savage tropical island within a few years, this is the pet I'll want, nay, NEED.

When you're riding a Ballosaurus, no one dares piss you off and sabertooth tigers don't have shit on you. You can travel safely between the last remnants of civilizations and win most skirmishes against the mutoids who inhabit the wasteland.

And when he dies, you eat him and he tastes like crab with garlic butter. I love him.

bigger version here: http://www.thepoxbox.com/imageviewer.php ?id=drawing055

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-18 11:20:41

Wasn't too happy with my other pet, :(
so i drew my IDEAL pet.
She's called GUNNY.
She comes in eggs, and her mouth contains a rather large gun.
Handy.

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-18 12:55:41

Its a dog that knows how to use a toilet. No more picking up dog crap.

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-18 15:49:14

This is Danna, I drew her during christmas time for my NG profile =) she is the perfect dog for anyone who needs a single companion. Once Danna loves you no one else will be able to get close to you.
She is well tempered, caring, loyal, and a good gaurd dog ^^

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-18 19:01:05

Da Blob takin' ovar!

2009'

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-19 09:37:17

Hello!

This is my hoovercat. It feeds with dust.

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-19 15:10:11

I would like a Stoned Pikachu.

Hi.

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-19 15:59:38

This is Noodles, a Phsycomorph. He is a friendly monster who enjoys football and Left 4 Dead. He is kind to his owner and other people but will kill if instructed by his/her owner. It's a loyal beast that gives sick rides to school or other places.

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-20 00:28:23

Here, is mine. It's a 'Computer Bird'. Instead of using a keyboard and mouse, it reads your mind so it knows what you want it, to do. It has the space of 10 nanobytes ( 10,000 gigabytes ), wireless internet ( without using a modem to connect to ), and the connection speed ( internet) of 1,000,000,000 sent and recieve.

-RaMdOmDuDe

I always wonder why this banner is better than my actual logo.

BBS Signature

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-20 07:30:50

ha! ha! beat this! an alien cat! her name is dessy and she got healing powers and can talk! plus she also smart!

Response to [art] Perfect Pet Art Contest 2009-01-20 12:01:05

At 1/20/09 11:57 AM, chainsawmurderer53 wrote: This is the dumple, he can sing, dance (sort of) and hoover up your crap! He can use his sucker to climb stuff as well. He also has no arse so there is no shit to clean up!

crap.

BLITZ MY CHAKRAS.

BBS Signature