00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Star Trek Crew

73,526 Views | 523 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Star Trek Crew 2010-08-23 20:05:46

At 8/23/10 07:59 PM, Frenzy wrote: Midway through Enterprise's first season now... I can see why people would dislike it, though I don't personally (yet).

I loved Enterprise. Second favourite, behind DS9.

I just like that is events actually have some effect outside of the episode they take place in. TNG and Voyager were painfully episodic. Much prefer the arc-based stuff in ENT and DS9.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2010-08-23 20:37:31

At 8/23/10 08:01 PM, Ship wrote: I need to get back into watching my Star Trek. I haven't seen an episode in at least a month. I'm embarrassed :( I think I'm going to start watching DS9 again because you can never go wrong with that series.

Good idea!

At 8/23/10 08:05 PM, TheMaster wrote: I loved Enterprise. Second favourite, behind DS9.

I just like that is events actually have some effect outside of the episode they take place in. TNG and Voyager were painfully episodic. Much prefer the arc-based stuff in ENT and DS9.

Yeah, I like that too, though I think it makes it harder for new viewers to get into it. I'm enjoying Enterprise, for the most part, so far though.

Response to Star Trek Crew 2010-11-20 08:54:41

EPIC BUMP!

Almost on season3 of Enterprise now.

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-16 10:28:04

This topic should be more popular, Especially with next gen, and what have you...

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!

It's alot more beautiful than it sounds.

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-16 17:17:04

"Star Trek Crew" seems like a lame name for this club - I personally would have named it "Starfleet Academy (Star Trek)" but that's just me.

Anyway, I'm currently watching the final season of Voyager with my friends. I've seen most of it (even the finale in 2001) but they haven't much, or any, of the series previously.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the winning design for the new Enterprise-F (25th century).

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-16 18:08:24

At 3/16/11 10:28 AM, Cyan60 wrote: This topic should be more popular, Especially with next gen, and what have you...

It should but there is so little to discuss when there is not any active series going on. Kirk verses Picard debate can only go so far. :P

Oh yeah, I have still yet to see the Star Trek movie. I don't think I ever will...

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-17 14:11:37

At 3/16/11 05:17 PM, Painbringer wrote: "Star Trek Crew" seems like a lame name for this club - I personally would have named it "Starfleet Academy (Star Trek)" but that's just me.

thats a valid point, but.... theres probably a few reasons thats not the best idea.....

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-17 14:29:41

At 3/17/11 02:11 PM, Cyan60 wrote: thats a valid point, but.... theres probably a few reasons thats not the best idea.....

Temporal Prime Directive, I know.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-24 04:27:56

Measure of a Man is currently on. It's in my top five of TNG episodes.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-24 16:56:36

At 3/24/11 04:27 AM, reverend wrote: Measure of a Man is currently on. It's in my top five of TNG episodes.

I saw it was TNG marathon night on TV, but unfortunately I didn't get to watch it. I've really been slacking on my Star Trek lately. Although over spring break when I was home they had a marathon of movies starting with Wrath of Khan, then Generations, and then First Contact. Needless to say I was entertained for a very large portion of the day.

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-24 17:11:12

At 3/24/11 04:56 PM, Ship wrote: Needless to say I was entertained for a very large portion of the day.

The portion when Generations wasn't on, yeah?

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-24 19:27:39

Star wars is mainly about.... war, becomeing a jedi/sith/force wielder takes many years of training a skill that seems non-existent, and marks you as a magnet of danger compared to the average soldier (even off duty/battlefield), I mean... *breathes*

Well... it may not be as intricately designed as star trek, and/or not AS good, but I still fail to see how it "sucks"

so in short the force wielder may be a real battle decider, but it takes years of training starting from when you are young and does not allow you to be with/contact family untill its complete (this is a rule of the jedi).

Why Im saying all this, because Star trek is supposed to be a really realistic show about a different society. While much of the main star wars stuff seems like pure action on a fictional level with alot of stuff unexplained.... well you see where im coming from.

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-24 21:43:42

At 3/24/11 05:11 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/24/11 04:56 PM, Ship wrote: Needless to say I was entertained for a very large portion of the day.
The portion when Generations wasn't on, yeah?

I actually enjoy Generations. Probably because it was the first Star Trek movie I ever saw when I was younger and I was blown away by Kirk and Picard being on screen together. I guess it just gives me that nostalgic feeling.

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-24 22:19:53

At 3/24/11 09:43 PM, Ship wrote: I actually enjoy Generations. Probably because it was the first Star Trek movie I ever saw when I was younger and I was blown away by Kirk and Picard being on screen together. I guess it just gives me that nostalgic feeling.

Kirk and Picard being on screen together should have been the best thing ever, but it's such a wasted opportunity. They don't really do anything. Should have teamed up MUCH earlier in the film, then Kirk would have had something more to do than just help Picard beat up Soran for 10 minutes, then have a bridge dropped on him.

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-27 05:58:48

I have to agree about Generations, the story totally forgets about Kirk until the end where he ends up just a glorified redshirt character. It could have been better, but it's still pretty entertaining in trying to tie the two series together.

Oh yeah, it was Leonard Nimoy's birthday 80th Birthday yesterday.

live long and prosper

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-03-28 01:04:30

At 3/27/11 05:58 AM, reverend wrote: Oh yeah, it was Leonard Nimoy's birthday 80th Birthday yesterday.

Yea I heard that on on the radio the other day, I had no idea he was so old. And to think, he was recently in the new Star Trek movie. It'll be a sad day when he dies.

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-04-24 21:09:57

At 3/16/11 05:17 PM, Painbringer wrote: "Star Trek Crew" seems like a lame name for this club - I personally would have named it "Starfleet Academy (Star Trek)" but that's just me.

Well I thought it was kinda clever.. Crew, like the crew of a starship.... pun... get it? :P

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-04-24 22:46:58

At 4/24/11 09:09 PM, Frenzy wrote:
Well I thought it was kinda clever.. Crew, like the crew of a starship.... pun... get it? :P

I was just thinking about this thread last night. I couldn't really sleep so I decided to check out two DS9 episodes: In the Cards and Far Beyond the Stars.

I haven't really seen Far Beyond the Stars before and found it pretty interesting and poignant. Sure Avery went a little overboard with the acting toward the end and the plot a little thin, but the message is all the same. Also, it was great to see some of the cast without their makeup on for once.

In the Cards, I've seen it multiple times and I wanted to watch something lighthearted.

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-04 19:25:42

At 4/24/11 10:46 PM, reverend wrote: I was just thinking about this thread last night. I couldn't really sleep so I decided to check out two DS9 episodes: In the Cards and Far Beyond the Stars.

I haven't really seen Far Beyond the Stars before and found it pretty interesting and poignant. Sure Avery went a little overboard with the acting toward the end and the plot a little thin, but the message is all the same. Also, it was great to see some of the cast without their makeup on for once.

Yeah he did go pretty dramatic there at the end, but I thought it was a cool episode. Nice to see something different at any rate.

My favourite episode is DS9 is still "In the Pale Moonlight" What a great episode.

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-05 09:52:02

At 5/4/11 11:55 PM, LaForge wrote: Guess who my favorite The Next Generation character is.

Wesley Crusher.

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-05 23:45:20

At 5/4/11 11:55 PM, LaForge wrote: Guess who my favorite The Next Generation character is.

Uhh... Kako?

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-07 15:54:44

So I just found out one of my college professor's for next year is a huge DS9 fan. I guess I lucked out there.

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-07 16:56:48

Hey guys.

The winner(s) of the Enterprise-F design contest have been announced.

Hopefully we'll be seeing this ship in a new (25th Century) movie or TV series.

Star Trek Crew

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-09 03:11:28

So any new news on any new star trek films? its been awhile since i been here so also glad to see this club still kicking around.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-09 04:19:12

At 5/9/11 03:11 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: So any new news on any new star trek films?

They are working on a couple of sequels to the 2009 film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_%
28film%29#Sequel

Khan might be in it.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-10 23:47:10

I don't think that they should make a sequel to the 2009 movie. It seems like they're just milking a cash cow and and ruining the series in the process.

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-11 15:15:09

At 5/7/11 04:56 PM, Painbringer wrote: Hey guys.

The winner(s) of the Enterprise-F design contest have been announced.

Hopefully we'll be seeing this ship in a new (25th Century) movie or TV series.

Cool, it looks a little similar to the E for my taste, but I like it anyway!

I also loved the new Star Trek film, so I don't have a problem with sequels.... I'm hoping they introduce Klingons in this one and DON'T use a villain from the original series (like Khan)

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-11 15:54:32

At 5/11/11 03:15 PM, Frenzy wrote: I also loved the new Star Trek film, so I don't have a problem with sequels.... I'm hoping they introduce Klingons in this one and DON'T use a villain from the original series (like Khan)

Were supposed to have Klingons in the first, but the scenes were cut. Love how they wimped out on addressing the rides/no ridges thing by having them wear masks in their scenes.

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-11 16:01:10

At 5/11/11 03:15 PM, Frenzy wrote: Cool, it looks a little similar to the E for my taste, but I like it anyway!

The designer made it look like the next step up from E, so no surprise really.

I've also seen some ships (3rd place winner) that look a lot like the Enterprise J, which was only seen in a time travel episode of Enterprise.

I'm hoping they introduce Klingons in this one

What is Star Trek without Klingons anyway? I just wonder if they'll look and speak Klingon, because the Klingons of that time had a genetic disease that made them look human.

and DON'T use a villain from the original series (like Khan)

The next movie will most likely be called Star Trek 2, and Khan was in the first Star Trek 2... So if they do use him again, I just hope he looks like a real Sikh.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Star Trek Crew 2011-05-11 16:24:39

I was never really a Klingon fan myself. Undiscovered Country is great, but most of their TV apperences are pretty medicore.

BBS Signature