00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I will bash your ideas here

4,488 Views | 63 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 23:39:28

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/4308/743 32_example.php
blocks fall from the sky and you must evade them while they fall and jump on top of them to keep up with the scrolling screen

BBS Signature

Response to I will bash your ideas here 2009-10-10 01:50:54

This thread instantly went to shit simply because we have maybe 5 people who posted a serious or even slightly thought-out idea.

With that said, lets get it back on track :D

Name: Psychoward

Idea: Psychoward is a side-scrolling physics-based shooter. You play as Mark Thompson, a covert ops commando who was captured and tested upon in the Psychoward. He wakes up in a cell, and after a deafening roar eminates the facility, the force-field of his holding cell dissipates. Guards are sent to secure the area, and this is where you first get a chance to experience your new-found powers: Telekinesis...

In Psychoward, you play as a well-trained op who has gained psychic powers. Throughout the game, you will unlock more powers by defeating each of the Projects, two of which being your former leader and your own brother. You can upgrade both your powers and the guns you pick up through their own upgrade systems: once after each level, you can put a point into the Psychic skill tree, increasing or expanding your powers; and you can also find weapon modification centers to upgrade the guns you find in your path.

You control your player using the WASD format for moving and jumping, while you use the mouse to aim and fire your gun. To use your powers, simply hold down ctrl and click where you desire to use it. If you are using telekinesis, simply hold ctrl and click an object to "hold" it, which will cause it to follow your cursor. From here, you can throw it either by pressing the corresponding number linked to an enemy on the screen or use momentum to launch it at your target. There will be 4 main powers: Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, Corruption, and Obliteration, each with their own skills to be acquired and many uses.

Age of Shuriken, an ambitious RPG game, is in need of a Background Artist! Check coolroy's page for more info:

http://coolroy.newgrounds.com/news/

post/492693

Response to I will bash your ideas here 2009-10-10 01:53:03

hold on...damnit. Why did that person link to a nearly year old thread. :( didnt even realize that.

Age of Shuriken, an ambitious RPG game, is in need of a Background Artist! Check coolroy's page for more info:

http://coolroy.newgrounds.com/news/

post/492693

Response to I will bash your ideas here 2009-10-11 01:15:05

At 10/10/09 01:53 AM, tomocles wrote: hold on...damnit. Why did that person link to a nearly year old thread. :( didnt even realize that.

I want to make a program which installs itself and analyzes your social networking arrogance in comparison to your skill set. It's not really a game, but you have to admit...it's a compelling simulation. If it was fully automated, it would be completely brutal, sparing no one's feelings, and over-developed delusional notions of morality.

:D

BBS Signature