00:00
00:00

Splurda's Art

6,500 Views | 55 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Splurda's Art 2008-12-26 18:54:10


i thought i'd post some of my art and see what you think :P

first of all, my latest picture, a zombie.

High Quality.

Splurda's Art


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-26 18:55:41


second, drawn yesterday to test my new tablet, a very angry guy.

Splurda's Art


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-26 18:58:07


third, drawn a few weeks ago, another zombie.

Splurda's Art


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-26 18:59:38


fourth drawn yesterday, ray from castle repercussions, im not too happy with this one.

Splurda's Art


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-26 19:05:54


fifth, some pixel art

Splurda's Art

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-26 19:09:20


sixth, another angry face

Splurda's Art

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-26 19:10:56


seventh, a drawing on paper from a while ago.

Splurda's Art

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-26 19:13:41


and finally, a handgun drawn in flash. (animated)

Splurda's Art

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-27 04:57:11


At 12/26/08 06:55 PM, Splurda wrote: second, drawn yesterday to test my new tablet, a very angry guy.

I really love the texture these tablet drawn pieces convey. this is some really dark stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing more.


BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-27 13:10:44


At 12/27/08 04:57 AM, ArtistJ wrote:
I really love the texture these tablet drawn pieces convey. this is some really dark stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

thanks :D also that second zombie was just a test for lighting, so heres the original which doesn't look so awful :P

Splurda's Art


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-27 15:27:25


At 12/27/08 01:10 PM, Splurda wrote: thanks :D also that second zombie was just a test for lighting, so heres the original which doesn't look so awful :P

geez this place is really dead these days...

i like this one, lots of in-your-face color.

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-27 16:02:58


nice but like all this is dark stuff way dont you guys try to at a shocking color in the darkness


| yR_U-Ev3|\|r3A|)-N d15.|L1|<3 1_r1llY.|-|/\\/3-A|VY T|-[1nG-1nT3r35T1|\|G,2'5Ay

15 T|-|15 3Zr 2 r3A[)

NOW HAT DOIP U THERE? HEH EUC ANT REA DTH IST EXT LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-27 16:19:14


At 12/27/08 04:02 PM, ETHAN35T wrote: nice but like all this is dark stuff way dont you guys try to at a shocking color in the darkness

you sound like my art teacher haha. what do you mean? just some random pink on a black background? or just bright colours. like bluehippos art threAD?


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-27 17:58:44


same zombie as the first picture, about to cut somebody up in an alley. thats duct tape on the guys mouth, just incase you thought it was his mouth lol.

Splurda's Art


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-27 19:17:00


At 12/27/08 05:58 PM, Splurda wrote: same zombie as the first picture, about to cut somebody up in an alley. thats duct tape on the guys mouth, just incase you thought it was his mouth lol.

heres an improved version, if any mods see this feel free to delete that post. and the art forums pretty dead nowadays huh?

Splurda's Art


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-27 19:30:24


Well, you obviously have a firm grasp over lighting, but the linearts are a bit shabby; I would recommend working on those.

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-27 19:33:34


At 12/27/08 07:30 PM, UndefinedArt wrote: Well, you obviously have a firm grasp over lighting, but the linearts are a bit shabby; I would recommend working on those.

thanks, any particular areas?


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-28 08:26:56


17 posts are only 4 are from people other than me ¬.¬


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-28 10:16:10


quick sketch.

Splurda's Art


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-30 16:01:33


will somebody comment, i know you're there, or you wouldn't be reading this.

blood...

Splurda's Art


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-30 20:02:14


i'd rather have a polished turd than a regular one, but i see what you're getting at, it's a) not realistic b) not very detailed and c) im spending too much time of colour and shading instead of smoothing out the lines, and yeah i pretty much keep the first set of lines i draw over the guide, will keep that in mind :D


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-30 20:17:14


good stuff overall its like my traditional artwork... creepy :D

i think u need improvement on your graphics tablet just to and depth and form into your pictures as they seem very flat atm.

keep on chugging away


BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-30 21:18:41


At 12/26/08 07:09 PM, king-ben wrote: sixth, another angry face

this one is my favorite.
My only suggestion is that your linework seems a little messy.
Otherwise, I think your art is pretty good.

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-31 08:55:53


At 12/30/08 09:18 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote:
At 12/26/08 07:09 PM, king-ben wrote: sixth, another angry face
this one is my favorite.
My only suggestion is that your linework seems a little messy.
Otherwise, I think your art is pretty good.

the angry ones were just sketches that i decided to shade, so the lineart is messier on those than the others.


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-31 10:37:03


I like your work, really well done.


Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-31 10:58:32


At 12/31/08 10:37 AM, Lucy wrote: I like your work, really well done.

thanks :D


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-31 15:06:43


there's a bit to much shading and effects for my taste


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-31 15:13:44


At 12/31/08 03:06 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: there's a bit to much shading and effects for my taste

Agreed I think the lighting effects are distracting the one with the colored background the third one and the quick sketch are prime examples. The highlights are also really really strong in everything which is super confusing in the drawings with more muted coloring everywhere else. Nice work overall.


I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?

Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2008-12-31 15:38:16


At 12/31/08 03:13 PM, NextToNothing wrote:
At 12/31/08 03:06 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: there's a bit to much shading and effects for my taste
Agreed I think the lighting effects are distracting the one with the colored background the third one and the quick sketch are prime examples. The highlights are also really really strong in everything which is super confusing in the drawings with more muted coloring everywhere else. Nice work overall.

the third one is terrible lol i dunno why i posted it :P and the quick sketch was quick so i didnt really take much time over the lighting. i just like strong highlights though.


Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Splurda's Art 2009-01-01 06:41:53


At 12/27/08 04:19 PM, Splurda wrote:
At 12/27/08 04:02 PM, ETHAN35T wrote: nice but like all this is dark stuff way dont you guys try to at a shocking color in the darkness
you sound like my art teacher haha. what do you mean? just some random pink on a black background? or just bright colours. like bluehippos art threAD?

no i mean like if have a color stand out in your pix like this one you did (that you also have on here):CLICK


| yR_U-Ev3|\|r3A|)-N d15.|L1|<3 1_r1llY.|-|/\\/3-A|VY T|-[1nG-1nT3r35T1|\|G,2'5Ay

15 T|-|15 3Zr 2 r3A[)

NOW HAT DOIP U THERE? HEH EUC ANT REA DTH IST EXT LOL

BBS Signature