00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Sock Drawer

57,572 Views | 353 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Sock Drawer 2011-12-05 21:20:47

I decided to do some speed painting. Then I decided I was sick of speed painting. This is how far I got. I don't know how long I spent on it.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2011-12-28 21:18:20

Just messing around. Felt like picking up the pen for a bit and this is what came of it. Figured I'd post it here.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2011-12-28 21:47:36

I didn't feel like spending a whole lot of time on this... So I didn't.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2011-12-28 21:52:55

At 12/28/11 09:47 PM, Sockembop wrote: I didn't feel like spending a whole lot of time on this... So I didn't.

There are many things wrong with this picture. What were you trying to do?

Response to The Sock Drawer 2011-12-28 21:57:00

At 12/28/11 09:52 PM, Lintire wrote: There are many things wrong with this picture. What were you trying to do?

As little as possible.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2011-12-28 21:58:51

Also, there is this one thing that I have been working on for some time, but procrastination always seems to get in the way. Here is a little sneak peek...

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2011-12-28 22:03:06

At 12/28/11 09:57 PM, Sockembop wrote:
At 12/28/11 09:52 PM, Lintire wrote: There are many things wrong with this picture. What were you trying to do?
As little as possible.

But still, tell me what is wrong with it, if you would. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2011-12-29 02:24:46

At 12/28/11 10:03 PM, Sockembop wrote: But still, tell me what is wrong with it, if you would. Please.

I can't tell whether the figure is supposed to be walking or passed out on the floor.

Response to The Sock Drawer 2011-12-29 07:42:30

At 12/29/11 02:24 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 12/28/11 10:03 PM, Sockembop wrote: But still, tell me what is wrong with it, if you would. Please.
I can't tell whether the figure is supposed to be walking or passed out on the floor.

At the beginning of a fall.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2011-12-31 11:41:04

You keep asking for things you should change, so here's what I have to say.

Don't you change a damn thing. These are really good.

From the darkest of caves...

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-01-25 19:57:29

It has been a long time since I have had any motivation to do art. The best I can muster is a quick shitty fifteen minute (or less) paint of something random. Here is another one.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-01-25 20:26:54

At 1/25/12 07:57 PM, Sockembop wrote: It has been a long time since I have had any motivation to do art. The best I can muster is a quick shitty fifteen minute (or less) paint of something random. Here is another one.

And another. I drew a random shape and tried to fit a human into the shape. I was hoping to have to have to distort the character more, but the shape was pretty easy. Lately I am refraining from working zoomed in.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-13 21:14:09

Go out and break the bank buying new tablet.

Draw pickle pirate mermaid.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-13 21:15:40

At A few seconds ago, Sockembop wrote: Go out and break the bank buying new tablet.

Draw pickle pirate mermaid.

Forget to fill eye white on transparent .png

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-15 00:05:53

Hey guys. Trying to break away from silly cartoons for a bit and do some semi-realistic paintings. I need some help. I've been working without a reference because I just feel like it, and it's going somewhat okay, I think.

In the drawing below girl(A) is running away from scary monster(B), but I'm struggling somewhat with her anatomy. Particularly with leg(C). But I'm sure there are other issues. If anyone is reading this, your input would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-15 01:31:12

At 12/28/11 09:58 PM, Sockembop wrote: Also, there is this one thing that I have been working on for some time, but procrastination always seems to get in the way. Here is a little sneak peek...

I bet this will be really cool once it's done!.. whenever that will be ;D

Don't over do it with the glow.

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-15 07:38:21

At 5 hours ago, CloudEater wrote: I bet this will be really cool once it's done!.. whenever that will be ;D

Don't over do it with the glow.

In the dissed ant few chores. The ye are two thou sand. When hugh mans are dead and row bots have take hen over the earth.

The glow was only added for that one pic. It wont be in the animation. And neither will the animation at this rate. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-15 22:45:08

At 22 hours ago, Sockembop wrote: Hey guys. Trying to break away from silly cartoons for a bit and do some semi-realistic paintings. I need some help. I've been working without a reference because I just feel like it, and it's going somewhat okay, I think.

Still going. Still not totally sure what she's running from. At one point considered an army of demonic teddy bears. I
l'll figure something out by the time I get to that point.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-20 21:25:25

At 4 days ago, Sockembop wrote: Still going. Still not totally sure what she's running from. At one point considered an army of demonic teddy bears. I
l'll figure something out by the time I get to that point.

Now that comic jam is over with... Still a major WIP...

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-21 01:22:48

I'm gonna start posting in here more regularly. A variety of stuff. More cartoon doodles like this one:

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-21 15:50:16

At 14 hours ago, Sockembop wrote: I'm gonna start posting in here more regularly. A variety of stuff. More cartoon doodles like this one:

YAY!!! DO IT!!!! Your stuff always makes me smile! :D

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-21 18:23:59

At 2 hours ago, ReNaeNae wrote: YAY!!! DO IT!!!! Your stuff always makes me smile! :D

Okay :D

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-21 20:42:52

At 4 hours ago, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 14 hours ago, Sockembop wrote: I'm gonna start posting in here more regularly. A variety of stuff. More cartoon doodles like this one:
YAY!!! DO IT!!!! Your stuff always makes me smile! :D

MEANWHILE, where have YOU been?

I love this fresh style you have going on <3

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-21 21:57:17

At 1 hour ago, Kashi wrote: MEANWHILE, where have YOU been?

I could ask you the same thing, missy!! ;)

I love this fresh style you have going on <3

Fact: Sock rocks! :D

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-22 01:23:18

Pretty nice style you got here, it's all colorfull and cartoony and stuff.
Your anatomy has some flaws. I'd give you some criticism on it but i'm not feeling in the mood to, plus my anatomy is pretty flawed too.

Keep it up!

and finish Hamface story dammit!!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-22 18:04:06

lol Hamface will come soon. I wanna practice drawing tutu-bunny knights with angry faic hammers a bit first.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-22 21:01:16

At 2 hours ago, Sockembop wrote: lol Hamface will come soon. I wanna practice drawing tutu-bunny knights with angry faic hammers a bit first.

I really like the motion in this one.

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-02-27 15:35:55

At 4 days ago, JackDGreatest wrote: I really like the motion in this one.

Thank you, sir. That's what I was aiming for with this one. Trying to get better at more dynamic poses. To be honest, it was a bit of a failure. His back is too straight, his head is too far forward, and I don't like the expression on his face. But whatever. I'm not too worked up about it. On to the next one.

I asked M-Maher if I could use a drawing in his thread for inspiration. It didn't turn out quite how I intended either. My drawings often evolve half way through. I often kind of get re-inspired half way through a pic and change direction a bit. It was supposed to be more faithful to the source material. But whatever. On to the next one.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-04-12 19:05:52

Doing some doodles of facebook.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2012-04-13 01:29:41

More of the similar.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature