00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Talking behind friends backs.

898 Views | 13 Replies

Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 11:52:44

I personally dislike it, I sit with some friends at college when I can and it is all nice, but then when some of them are away all I hear is bitching about the people who are suppose to be their friends. In some ways it could not be seen as bad but if you are friends with someone why do you seem to hate it. Surely it is just not a good friendship for you to be in if you don't like them.

I never talk about people behind their backs, or rarely at least. If I need help about the person I will ask about them etc. and I may talk about them but I never say bad things as they are friends so why would you? I find myself uncomftable being with some people that will say hateful things and then being around the people who had them said against them, I keep it to myself of course but when I see them with each other later I wonder why they hang around with each other still.

I am sure I get things said against me that I don't know about, it is bad and I don't want to do the same thing to others. If you are friends why would you bitch about them is what I don't get.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 11:56:41

I know that feeling. My best friend often bitches about two or three of our other friends behind their backs, and I lose a lot of respect for him due to this.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 12:09:06

Newgrounds isnt for common thoughts. Its for the randomnes that it is.

rar

BBS Signature

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 12:13:28

At 12/11/08 12:09 PM, morlockcleric wrote: Newgrounds isnt for common thoughts. Its for the randomnes that it is.

hey you, do the truffle shuffle.

The Enemy is around every corner I fight him every day.

His name is Boredom, and he is a unforgiving nemesis.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 12:29:08

I don't tend to bitch on about people I hang around with. If we have a fall out with the person or we need a bit of advice on what to do with that person, I'll simply talk about them and not aim anything harmful towards them. If I am slagging people off behind their backs, I'm not afraid to do it in front of their faces, either, but I never do it because I'm a cunt of a guy; I'll only do it if they truly stress me out like mental and I'll talk about what annoys me with them and I'll even chat to the person about it so maybe we could work things out.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 13:03:48

i never talk behind anyone's back. and if i did i would feel like shit after...

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 13:04:17

Doesn't happen alot.
When it does, I always know ( I still get mad ).

BBS Signature

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 13:16:07

I don't do that, it's pathetic in my opinion.

Thanks some-stupid-idiot for this signature ;)

My first story news post

I appear in book xD

BBS Signature

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 13:20:20

My friends don't feel uncomfortable when I make comments about people behind their back, mainly because they know that if that person were there I would still be making the comment. Someone called me on this once before, and I repeated my slanderous statement again, although the second time I screamed it loud enough so that the person could hear it all the way across the cafeteria.

I'm a very forward, sincere person, and people respect me for that. If I like you, I'll tell you. If I don't, I'll tell you.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 13:25:57

You think its bad, you should see an all girls college. I visited my fiancee's college and I can tell you that the women there are fucking catty.

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 14:35:44

Yeah, it's just two faced :(

Old ladies on buses are the worst. They all sit chatting, and one gets off, then the subject matter immediately turns to the one who just left, whose daughter in law is sleeping with the milkman and the grandchildren might not ber biological, and how she kicked up such a ruckus at the tills last week in Tesco they were embarrassed to be with her.

Think I'm joking? take a mid-afternoon bus ride through town.

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 14:42:57

It's so two faced, I would only ever do it if the person has done something to me, and instead of confronting them, and risking losing our friendship, speak to a different friend about it, with more of the confidence, less of the bitching.

I speak from experience.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 14:48:47

I don't get why people talk about their friends behind their backs either, I know people who do it, some of my friends do it. Which makes me wonder if they talk about me behind my back. Though it's better when they aren't being nasty to the person behind their back and are saying nice things about them.

I can understand it if you don't like the person and aren't their friend, still I avoid doing it myself. I might talk bad about a friend I once had a few years ago but no longer stay in touch with if I didn't like them but I don't do it at the time.

Response to Talking behind friends backs. 2008-12-11 14:55:29

we call it backbiting.