New Topic Respond to this Topic
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-18 17:12:28 Reply

At 12/18/08 04:57 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Well ok.

Well I'm telling you that everyones experiences in college are different. That's the great thing about college is that you can do what you want to do. So you could get completely different answers from different people.

At college, do you guys have to cook and buy your own meals? Or do you have a cafeteria with meals in them where you can eat anytime you don't have class?

Whatever you want. You can buy stuff and cook it yourself, go out to eat, eat at the cafeteria on campus, etc..

The cafeteria usually has certain times that it's open, but you can go during any of those times throughout the day. Where I'm at I can only eat at the cafeteria 14 times a week, which is usually twice a day unless I skip a day or get extremely hungry during a day and I need to mix the meals up a little bit. For me it's all you can eat and you pay for it before the year starts.

And are the dorm rooms small and drafty? Do they have windows, bunk beds, or closets?

Depends really. I had a room last year that was big enough to room 5 people. There were only 3 other people in it along with me. (4 in total) There was a lot of room and we had 2 large windows, two bunk beds, that you could take apart into 4 separate single beds, and we all had our own closet.

In my room this year, it's pretty small. Just enough for two people. We had one bunk bed or two separate beds, two closets, and one window.

What kind of stuff do you mainly learn about?

You learn about mainly what you are going to college for. I'm going to be an Elementary Teacher so I learn about teaching strategies and a lot of things about children.

And are the finals and other tests hard? (tests include the tests to be filled out to get into college)

The tests to get into college? The SAT's? I found them alright. Not really too hard and not really too easy. The tests at college really aren't that bad either. I'm having a hard time finding the difficulty between tests in high school and the ones in college except for perhaps the ones in college are longer. Not really that much harder though. I'm sure that's not true in some people's majors.

Do you guys have free periods, gym class, alot of time between classes, and/or night classes?

No free periods, no gym classes (unless you going to be a gym teacher), and the time between classes is completely up to you. You get to pick what classes you take and you get to create your own schedule. Sometimes it's not the schedule you want, but you get to take what you want when you want. Usually true unless the classes fill up. I have my classes early in the morning and none at night. I know some people have some late at night and none in the morning and then some people even have them in the middle of the day. You can even sometimes set it up so you don't have classes on certain days, but of course that means other days are busier.

That's all I have time to ask for today. Dinner's almost ready.
Cheers :D

Alright, anymore questions just ask.

Click on my signature to check out my Youtube Channel. The Dom and Fro Show!
Check out My Blog
Daily Diary of an Uber Driver

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-18 17:48:18 Reply

At 12/18/08 04:57 PM, darknessdweller wrote: At college, do you guys have to cook and buy your own meals? Or do you have a cafeteria with meals in them where you can eat anytime you don't have class?

There's a cafteria in my halls but that's because some people are in catered accomodation. Generally, cook your own shit you lazy bum.

And are the dorm rooms small and drafty? Do they have windows, bunk beds, or closets?

Small. And jesus christ, we're not at prison? Windows? Closets? Of course.......... :\

What kind of stuff do you mainly learn about? And are the finals and other tests hard? (tests include the tests to be filled out to get into college)

....whatever's on the course. And tests aren't too hard, they're only as hard as the amount of work you skip. And I didn't have to do any tests to get into uni.

Do you guys have free periods, gym class, alot of time between classes, and/or night classes?

It'll vary ridiculously from uni to uni, year to year, and from course to course, but last semester I had about 16 hours of contact time a week. All of it before 4pm.

BBS Signature
Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Musician
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-18 19:44:32 Reply

Man, I'm so f***ed up now...
I must pass two final exams in order to be in third year, and I only could pass one

My last oportunity is in March, so... Wish me luck guys!

Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-18 23:08:21 Reply

At 12/18/08 06:04 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
At 12/18/08 01:17 AM, Timmy wrote: Hey - congrats man. I won't have that feeling until Friday, but I can't wait.
Good luck with that exam, what is it for?

Ugh...Criminal Law. The class should have been really interesting, but the teacher is a relic from the old Law School style, and relies solely on the Socratic Method.

For those of you who don't know (I didn't before I got to law school), the Socratic Method is a style of teaching in which the teacher will randomly call people in the class to answer a question, explain an issue in a case or something of that nature. You don't volunteer for questions, you just get picked on, and if you don't know the answer they will mark it down in their book. You can't ask questions of your own, and there is no lecturing - meaning that you must learn everything through the QandA that occurs during the class.

Now most professors have realized that this method, while it certainly keeps the students on their toes and prepares them to think quickly - it just isn't the best method of teaching. Most of my professors this semester used a mixed style of Socratic and Lecturing, where they would call on a few people to ask about a certain rule or case, but then they would stop and explain what we are supposed to learn from the issue.

However, my Crim Law teacher relies solely on the QandA, so my notes from the class are a series of questions that either a) Don't have an answer that seem to be correct, or b) have 15 answers, all of with may be correct. Because he doesn't go back and tell us which students got it right and which ones didn't, I have very little idea of what he wants on this exam.

Frankly, I'm just happy my exams are over before Christmas. At my undergrad university, all of the exams were after Christmas vacation. It was terrible having my coursework hanging over my head while trying to celebrate the holidays.
Seriously? I can't imagine how much that must have sucked, wanting to clear your head and recharge over the holidays but having exams looming all the while. At least it's no longer a concern for you.

Yeah - last year I was doing studying on Christmas Day. I wanted to kill myself.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-19 00:24:03 Reply

At 12/18/08 04:57 PM, darknessdweller wrote: At college, do you guys have to cook and buy your own meals? Or do you have a cafeteria with meals in them where you can eat anytime you don't have class?

If you live on campus usually you are require to have some sort of meal plan that you can use at the cafeteria or anywhere on campus. If you live off campus you can still go to the cafeteria but you would have to pay out of pocket.

Small yes; drafty depends on how old your dorm is. When I lived on campus my room was about the size of a typical living room. And yes it has window, bunks, etc. it's not fancy but you have them.

What kind of stuff do you mainly learn about? And are the finals and other tests hard? (tests include the tests to be filled out to get into college)

I don't know about my counterparts in the UK but in the US for the first two years you typically learn general knowledge topic. Everything from history, chemistry, political science, to fine arts to make you a well-rounded knowledgeable person. In your upperclassmen years, you will take more advance classes in your major. Depending on your class, test can be hard or not according to your tastes; if you like essays or multiple choice or not each class tests different.

Test to get in to college? I took the ACT which is different from the SAT on scoring and such. If you do well in high school you should do fine on it.

If you mean like recess, then no but classes are what you sign up for. I'm a terrible morning person so I usually have classes at 10:30 until 5 ish and only took night classes if I had to (of course you can't always get what you want). Class scheduling is very flexible. Some days, I would have a gap for lunch, others they were all back to back, or worse case a morning class and a late evening class.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-19 01:05:18 Reply

I finished last night. I did 110 questions in 35 minutes which should say how much I wanted to be finished for the semester.

Now I get to work, and hang out afterwards and sip on beers for a month. Sweet.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-19 08:09:35 Reply

Just worth noting, in England you get pretty much zero in the way of scheduling your own classes.

So fuck you guys, last semester I had a single lecture at 9am on a Thursday and nothing else, and Wednesday's the big student night in town.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-19 08:19:32 Reply

At 12/16/08 01:05 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: My right hand will be demobilized for a bit.

Hope it doesn't affect your banning ability :/

Term ends for me today, and there's a massive party at the Student Union night club. It's going to be insane, although I'm sad that I didn't buy more tickets instead of just my own; as they're all sold out now, people will pay you anything up to 10 times as much just so they can get in. This means that you can buy a ticket for £5 and potentially sell it on the night for around £30-50. Wasn't thinking about that at the time I was buying mine though... I just wanted to get a ticket for myself before they sold out.

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-19 09:03:56 Reply

So, last exam was yesterday. I had about five hours to study for it, but luckily it's one of my better subjects, so it was all fairly straightforward anyway. The only problem was that it was six questions in three hours. I only had three minutes left at the end, not really enough to check shit. I'm fairly confident in all my methods though, so whatevs.

Which means this fucking semester is FINALLY OVER, assuming I passed reaction engineering, which I almost certainly did.

Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-19 12:50:15 Reply

Just got back from my last exam, and I think I did....well...I finished it!

In a couple hours I leave for my parent's house for 3 fun-filled weeks of vacation.

Sadly, Newgrounds will be put on hold during that time period.

Have a great Christmas and New Years, guys.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-23 21:01:18 Reply

Looks like this club has been a little dead since Xmas break has started, which is understandable. I'm sure it will pick up once break is over.

How is everyone's break going?

Mine isn't too bad. I haven't done too much, but I should be looking into my books here pretty soon. I guess like three of the books that I need cost over 100 each. I also spent around 140 dollars today in Xmas presents for people. That leaves me with about 10 dollars for books. >.< I'll figure it out one way or another.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-24 17:05:12 Reply

Corky: Check out abebooks.com. You can order used books and international editions for a fraction of the cost of shit at the bookstore. I'm in engineering, and even my books cost me under $100 this year.

As for the break, I'm really getting sick of spending so much time around my family. Today I went to the mall for three hours just to avoid them, and I really hate the mall.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-26 23:57:08 Reply

At 12/24/08 05:05 PM, Elfer wrote: Corky: Check out abebooks.com. You can order used books and international editions for a fraction of the cost of shit at the bookstore. I'm in engineering, and even my books cost me under $100 this year.

Nice I will have to check it out here in a week or sometime soon. Any help would be nice. I think three of my books cost 100 dollars or something like that. I don't know for sure, something that I'm not really worried about at the moment. I'm still on Xmas break so I'm not really going to think about that stuff much.

As for the break, I'm really getting sick of spending so much time around my family. Today I went to the mall for three hours just to avoid them, and I really hate the mall.

I know how that is. I just get tired of my dads attitude. I would never say anything to him since he is paying for my college and everything, but he has to be one of the biggest assholes in the world.

Does anyone know how their schedule is going to end up looking next semester?

Mine is extremely busy on Mondays with around 6 classes, but the rest of the week is rather empty. Two classes everyday for the rest of the week. I can finally sleep in on some days also, which is a big change because I've always had early classes.

That also brings up the subject about class times. Would you rather have early classes, classes during the day, or night classes?

Me personally I don't mind the morning classes since I get them over with and have the rest of the day to do whatever I want, but I really do like to sleep in so having classes during the day seem to be the best fit for me.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-27 00:45:57 Reply

At 12/26/08 11:57 PM, Corky52 wrote: I know how that is. I just get tired of my dads attitude. I would never say anything to him since he is paying for my college and everything, but he has to be one of the biggest assholes in the world.

See, our interaction is more prone to flare-ups because my parents AREN'T paying for my college, so there's really not much they can do to me if we get into an argument.

ikool
ikool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-30 21:05:04 Reply

Hey guys, Ikool with another question...

Ok, well, like every other indian child forced to be a doctor, I'm taking sciences in UBC (if i get in of course). About how long do doctor...ing courses take? I know I gotta do a whole buncha sciences, then go to med school, and then do an apprentaceship thingy... How long does all that stuff take?

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to College Life Club 2008-12-30 23:19:59 Reply

In the UK, it's seven years, although several are in a hospital, being paid, etc.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-01 23:34:51 Reply

At 12/27/08 12:45 AM, Elfer wrote:
At 12/26/08 11:57 PM, Corky52 wrote: I know how that is. I just get tired of my dads attitude. I would never say anything to him since he is paying for my college and everything, but he has to be one of the biggest assholes in the world.
See, our interaction is more prone to flare-ups because my parents AREN'T paying for my college, so there's really not much they can do to me if we get into an argument.

Yeah, exactly. I can handle it for a little bit longer. Hell, in a little bit I will be completely done and won't have to worry about it anymore.

Also, thanks for that website. You are going to save me around 200-300 dollars on books this semester. That helps so much. I'm getting them from that website from now on.

At 12/30/08 09:05 PM, ikool wrote: Hey guys, Ikool with another question...

Ok, well, like every other indian child forced to be a doctor, I'm taking sciences in UBC (if i get in of course). About how long do doctor...ing courses take? I know I gotta do a whole buncha sciences, then go to med school, and then do an apprentaceship thingy... How long does all that stuff take?

Hmm, well I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking it's 8 years in America. My old roommate's girlfriend was going for this and I think she had to be in school for 8 years.

Also, how was everyones New Years?

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
FroFro52
FroFro52
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-05 14:24:51 Reply

At 1/1/09 11:34 PM, Corky52 wrote:

Hmm, well I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking it's 8 years in America. My old roommate's girlfriend was going for this and I think she had to be in school for 8 years.

I'm sure it's more than 8 years. My uncle is a doctor and I'm pretty positive he went for 4 years undergrad., then 4 years graduate, and however long he needed in medical school. I haven't really heard of people going for just 8 years though, I could be wrong.

It was good. I was with you. :)

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-05 14:43:37 Reply

So when are people heading back to uni? I'm going back next weekend, semester starts on the next monday (ie: one week's time)

BBS Signature
RohantheBarbarian
RohantheBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-05 14:44:50 Reply

Well in Ireland generally the undergrad university courses will take about 5 of 6 years (1st year generally just covers all the sciences, you may be allowed to skip this if you've done prior study of them) then around 2 years in the hospital. After that you'll need to decide what you're going to be specialising in, and may then need to do another few years study in your given field.

Alternatively you can do a 4 year postgrad rather than the 5-6 year undergrad, but after that it's pretty much the same.

At 1/1/09 11:34 PM, Corky52 wrote: Also, how was everyones New Years?

Not bad, if a little quiet. I decided not to go to any house parties this year, which was just as well because later New Year's night I started feeling a bit sick out of the blue. Thankfully though it passed by the following morning.

As a matter of interest, when are you guys back to college? I know some of you may already be back, or will soon, it's just that I have another 3 weeks still to go and wanted to see how things compare elsewhere.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-05 14:56:40 Reply

At 1/5/09 02:43 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: So when are people heading back to uni? I'm going back next weekend, semester starts on the next monday (ie: one week's time)

Semester break (Winter Holidays) ended today. Which is a bit strange because at first the date was "10th of January"... ah well.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-06 00:42:59 Reply

At 1/5/09 02:24 PM, FroFro52 wrote:
I'm sure it's more than 8 years. My uncle is a doctor and I'm pretty positive he went for 4 years undergrad., then 4 years graduate, and however long he needed in medical school. I haven't really heard of people going for just 8 years though, I could be wrong.

What uncle of yours is a doctor? I've never met this uncle have I?

I'm pretty sure that Mikey's girlfriend only had to go to college for 8 years, but I never thought of medical school or anything like that. Oh well, so it's at least 8 years or more.

Yeah, it wasn't that bad except for I was extremely tired for the entire time. We both were. We were tired up until the countdown and slept through the football game the next day. God I was dead for some reason.

At 1/5/09 02:44 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: At 1/1/09 11:34 PM, Corky52 wrote: Also, how was everyones New Years?
Not bad, if a little quiet. I decided not to go to any house parties this year, which was just as well because later New Year's night I started feeling a bit sick out of the blue. Thankfully though it passed by the following morning.

Well I was suppose to be at a party. I showed up, but only a couple of other people did too. One was pregnant and two of us don't really drink that much so it wasn't much of a party. It was more of hanging out than anything. It didn't help that I was really tired and didn't feel like doing much.

As a matter of interest, when are you guys back to college? I know some of you may already be back, or will soon, it's just that I have another 3 weeks still to go and wanted to see how things compare elsewhere.

I'm going back Sunday. It's going to be nice being back.

I finally get a roommate too. If some of you have seen Hay Wars or Beneath The Sheets (two movies I have on newgrounds) the kid that is in the movies with me is going to be my roommate. He's transferring over and my roommate that I did have dropped out.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
FroFro52
FroFro52
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-06 01:33:20 Reply

At 1/6/09 12:42 AM, Corky52 wrote:
At 1/5/09 02:24 PM, FroFro52 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Mikey's girlfriend only had to go to college for 8 years, but I never thought of medical school or anything like that. Oh well, so it's at least 8 years or more.

The one in Pittsburgh and no you haven't. It does depend on what type of doctor you'd like to be, just face it, you'll be in school a long time it's as simple as that. :)

Yeah, it wasn't that bad except for I was extremely tired for the entire time. We both were. We were tired up until the countdown and slept through the football game the next day. God I was dead for some reason.

We're lazy, it's okay.

At 1/5/09 02:44 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: At 1/1/09 11:34 PM, Corky52 wrote:
I'm going back Sunday. It's going to be nice being back.

I finally get a roommate too.

Very nice to go back, and tell your new roommate he should sleep with one eye open. :)

Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-06 01:38:35 Reply

dammit this sucks. I'm going back to my classes in two weeks but I can't find another good GenEd class to take. I've tried searching anything that remotely interests me but the class always interferes with my art required classes. I really need another class because if I have about 18 hours this semester, it would cost the same as if I took 13 hours.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-06 02:10:05 Reply

At 1/6/09 01:38 AM, Fleshlight wrote: dammit this sucks. I'm going back to my classes in two weeks but I can't find another good GenEd class to take. I've tried searching anything that remotely interests me but the class always interferes with my art required classes. I really need another class because if I have about 18 hours this semester, it would cost the same as if I took 13 hours.

You sure about 18 hours? I wouldn't be so quick to get out of school early by doing that, plus that's a stressful semester if you're taking 6 classes. Also it depends on what kind of GenEds you're looking at and if your schedule is too restrictive in the first place to add another class. I recommend a Psych or Sociology 100 class as both are 4 credit hours and there are so many different class times that you're bound to find one that fits your schedule. They're also both pretty interesting.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-06 02:48:51 Reply

New years was fine. 2009 is about to be the greatest or the worst; the National Championship game is in a couple of days. Yikes!

At 1/6/09 01:38 AM, Fleshlight wrote: dammit this sucks. I'm going back to my classes in two weeks but I can't find another good GenEd class to take. I've tried searching anything that remotely interests me but the class always interferes with my art required classes. I really need another class because if I have about 18 hours this semester, it would cost the same as if I took 13 hours.

I'm not really seeing how 18 hours will cost the same as 13. Does your university give a discount for more hours taken or something? Plus, 18 hours would be demanding, especially if you have to work and such. The most hours I ever took was 16, which was plenty for me.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-06 04:56:53 Reply

At 1/6/09 02:10 AM, 36Holla wrote:
You sure about 18 hours? I wouldn't be so quick to get out of school early by doing that, plus that's a stressful semester if you're taking 6 classes. Also it depends on what kind of GenEds you're looking at and if your schedule is too restrictive in the first place to add another class. I recommend a Psych or Sociology 100 class as both are 4 credit hours and there are so many different class times that you're bound to find one that fits your schedule. They're also both pretty interesting.

well right now I have 4 classes which add up to 13 hours. I really wanted to take Anatomy because I enjoyed it in high school, but I can't find it under the GenEd listing. I'll try to find a Psych or Sociology class, I guess, but all my morning slots are filled and I only have room after 3 pm on most days.

I'm not really seeing how 18 hours will cost the same as 13. Does your university give a discount for more hours taken or something? Plus, 18 hours would be demanding, especially if you have to work and such. The most hours I ever took was 16, which was plenty for me.

the tuition costs the same as long as it's under 18 hours. If it's more, you have to pay more for the classes (at least I'm sure that's how it is). Last semester I took 15 hours, and it wasn't that bad, so another couple of hours shouldn't hurt.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-06 22:38:34 Reply

At 1/6/09 01:33 AM, FroFro52 wrote:
The one in Pittsburgh and no you haven't. It does depend on what type of doctor you'd like to be, just face it, you'll be in school a long time it's as simple as that. :)

Would this be the one that has convinced you to go another four years of college at Pittsburgh? You know I rather just go 4 years and be done. Teach in a small town not someplace as big as Pittsburgh. You caught me when I wasn't paying attention though and I said I would move with you.

We're lazy, it's okay.

Perhaps taking the medication for my allergies, which is already suppose to make you tired, along with some alcohol made me tired. That's what I'm assuming what happened to me, but I have no explanation for why you were sleeping other than we are lazy.

Very nice to go back, and tell your new roommate he should sleep with one eye open. :)

Why, are you going to rape him or something? I know you guys use to date. Well I know this because I was the one to hook you two up. I'll be sure to warn him as I'm sure he doesn't want a night full of rape.

I have 17 hours this semester and that's enough for me. If anything I may have to drop a class this semester if I can't find time for everything. Hopefully I can get them all done and out of the way though. I can't really afford falling behind anymore. I already dropped behind enough when I changed majors.

At 1/6/09 02:48 AM, reverend wrote:
New years was fine. 2009 is about to be the greatest or the worst; the National Championship game is in a couple of days. Yikes!

And I'm ready for that game. I hope it's a good one. I don't really care who wins either I just hope it's full of points and hard hits.

The only way it would cost more would be for the books. It really doesn't matter if you take 13 hours or 18 hours for the price other than the books right? I've made it by so far in college with about 4 or so classes that didn't need books. Hopefully I can get by this semester with one or two classes without books. I'm sure there will be text required for most of them though.

I know for a fact that one class doesn't have a book though so at least that helps a little.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-06 23:06:43 Reply

man...all the PHYS and SOC classes are either taken or don't fit into my schedule. I can't find anything. I think I'm going to just take a random class and drop it if I don't like it.

FroFro52
FroFro52
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2009-01-06 23:49:50 Reply

At 1/6/09 10:38 PM, Corky52 wrote:
At 1/6/09 01:33 AM, FroFro52 wrote:
Would this be the one that has convinced you to go another four years of college at Pittsburgh? You know I rather just go 4 years and be done. Teach in a small town not someplace as big as Pittsburgh. You caught me when I wasn't paying attention though and I said I would move with you.

It won't take 4 years, at most it'll take 2. I never said you had to go another 4 years but I want too and there's nothing wrong with going a little bit longer, it looks better when applying for jobs and you'll have more opportunities. I never said you had to teach right in Pittsburgh, there are small towns that surround it.

Why, are you going to rape him or something? I know you guys use to date. Well I know this because I was the one to hook you two up. I'll be sure to warn him as I'm sure he doesn't want a night full of rape.

Ew, I'll pass thanks. Thumbs up for the hook up also. *Sarcasm* :)