New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sobolev
Sobolev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to College Life Club 2013-07-04 06:38:33 Reply

At 7/3/13 06:06 PM, Auz wrote: gotta say, it's all been a lot tougher than I expected it to be.

the gap between undergraduate and graduate level studies is large, especially for hard science (physical science). the more quantitative the subject is, the larger the gap will be...

Yeah, I make no sense.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to College Life Club 2013-07-04 11:27:57 Reply

At 7/4/13 06:38 AM, i-am-ghey wrote:
At 7/3/13 06:06 PM, Auz wrote: gotta say, it's all been a lot tougher than I expected it to be.
the gap between undergraduate and graduate level studies is large, especially for hard science (physical science). the more quantitative the subject is, the larger the gap will be...

Yeah I agree. I noticed there's a lot more emphasis on actually understanding course material rather than just knowing how to solve problems. Also, course material is a lot more elaborate and detailed now.

So yeah, it's definitely a step up from Bachelor level. I believe I'm still doing okay though, compared to how my fellow students fare.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 1 October 2017)

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to College Life Club 2013-07-19 14:11:08 Reply

I got my schedule and I don't think I like it too much. Two 8AMs? I guess it could be worse. I don't like all these two hour breaks between classes though. I'll have to go home and right back an hour later.

http://i.imgur.com/YtoKEQy.jpg

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2013-07-19 16:19:32 Reply

I ordered my textbooks today, slowly getting ready to go back.

At 7/19/13 02:11 PM, Makeshift wrote: I got my schedule and I don't think I like it too much. Two 8AMs? I guess it could be worse. I don't like all these two hour breaks between classes though. I'll have to go home and right back an hour later.

My schedule is alright, I'm done with my classes around 2, and I start around 10, 9, or 8 AM depending on the day.

I do prefer to get everything done back to back though, so when I get back home, I'm done.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2013-08-14 19:26:41 Reply

I guess I'll bump the thread, since we're getting closer to going back, depending on where you live.

My first day of class is next monday, and I'll be moving back in the dorm on Saturday. I'm rooming with a friend of mine, and he went ahead and moved in today, so he could help someone else move in tomorrow. Minus the going to class part, I'm looking forward to going back. The dorm room shenanigans are always great.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to College Life Club 2013-08-14 20:10:50 Reply

At 8/14/13 07:26 PM, Kunera wrote: My first day of class is next monday, and I'll be moving back in the dorm on Saturday.

I don't start until September 3. Tomorrow is my last day at home, then I'm moving out permanently. Not living in a dorm, me and a friend found a decent apartment for much cheaper than residence. He's moving in Saturday, I'm moving in Sunday. I have so many mixed feelings about the whole thing.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature
Alias
Alias
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Reader
Response to College Life Club 2016-05-17 22:25:07 Reply

I start grad school this August, after a year hiatus. I'm also in a contemplative state about whether I want to obtain my PhD after my two years of grad school. Only time will tell, I have one year to decide.

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to College Life Club 2016-06-23 20:48:23 Reply

hey guys, I am currently attending Alaska Bible College so I can become a priest and walk into abortion clinics and preach the bible