At 7/22/01 05:41 AM, Doodler wrote:
What do you guys do? I havent made a flash movie for a long LONG time, and I really feel like I should be more productive. Besides listening to music, what do you do (all your BBS'ers) to stay inspired?
...someone humor me and actually answer this time =P
I've found that it is impossible to truly be inspired to constantly work on a project on a daily basis. At least for me. Here's some things I should try and maybe you should to:
1) carry a sketch pad with you whenever you go out somewhere. I look back on all the stupid doctor appointments and vacations and regret bringing a pad with me.
2) if you get an idea, write it down. scribble in your sketch pad and so on.
3) watch some movies... especially movies pertaining the idea of your project that you are working on. I have been watching a lot of post-apocalyptic movies...
4) Turn off aim. Temporarily stop e-mailing people. Don't occupy yourself with making minor updates on your site and get to working on your damned animation.
5) If you have done some of your animation, then ask for other's opinions. If you suspect they are not giving you an honest one and just saying: "that's good", ask them again and for an honest answer.
6) I've found listening to music distracting. I can't write good messages or draw something truly detailed when listening to music. Maybe it's just me.
See you around, julio. :)