00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Keeping inspiration

766 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Keeping inspiration 2001-07-22 05:41:14

What do you guys do? I havent made a flash movie for a long LONG time, and I really feel like I should be more productive. Besides listening to music, what do you do (all your BBS'ers) to stay inspired?

...someone humor me and actually answer this time =P

-Doodler

Response to Keeping inspiration 2001-07-22 05:46:48

At 7/22/01 05:41 AM, Doodler wrote: What do you guys do? I havent made a flash movie for a long LONG time, and I really feel like I should be more productive. Besides listening to music, what do you do (all your BBS'ers) to stay inspired?

-Doodler

If your idea is good, it should be all that is needed to inspire you... I guess

Keeping inspiration

Response to Keeping inspiration 2001-07-22 05:49:23

If your idea is good, it should be all that is needed to inspire you... I guess

NOT IF YOU HAVE A.D.D. IT DOESNT!

=O

heh. heh.

-Doodler

Response to Keeping inspiration 2001-07-22 06:17:33

NOT IF YOU HAVE A.D.D. IT DOESNT!

=O

heh. heh.

-Doodler

Well, then I guess you'll just have to get rid of anything that would distract you from making your movie. That means no TV, no Internet and definetly no Poontang. And don't go to school either, the first term doesn't really matter anyways.

Keeping inspiration

Response to Keeping inspiration 2001-07-24 07:49:38

At 7/22/01 05:41 AM, Doodler wrote: What do you guys do? I havent made a flash movie for a long LONG time, and I really feel like I should be more productive. Besides listening to music, what do you do (all your BBS'ers) to stay inspired?

-Doodler

I've found that it is impossible to truly be inspired to constantly work on a project on a daily basis. At least for me. Here's some things I should try and maybe you should to:

1) carry a sketch pad with you whenever you go out somewhere. I look back on all the stupid doctor appointments and vacations and regret bringing a pad with me.

2) if you get an idea, write it down. scribble in your sketch pad and so on.

3) watch some movies... especially movies pertaining the idea of your project that you are working on. I have been watching a lot of post-apocalyptic movies...

4) Turn off aim. Temporarily stop e-mailing people. Don't occupy yourself with making minor updates on your site and get to working on your damned animation.

5) If you have done some of your animation, then ask for other's opinions. If you suspect they are not giving you an honest one and just saying: "that's good", ask them again and for an honest answer.

6) I've found listening to music distracting. I can't write good messages or draw something truly detailed when listening to music. Maybe it's just me.

See you around, julio. :)