00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

aquabot

1,222 Views | 20 Replies

aquabot 2003-06-26 08:16:37

i was planning that when i get a bit older and get my own life and my own money i am going to try to build my own small aquabot. here's my design

legend: a,b,c and d ar engines
lines between engines are cooling tubes wich i can run water threw the engines to cool them of

material: for a small bot about 90 cubic centimeters(cm) i figured i need:
1.the vents of the back of a cpu.
2.waterproof stuff wich i can seel everything i need from water
3.stabilisors so the bot won't turn every single direction you can imagine!
4.a controlecard for remote control.
5.a battery(not alkaline but recharable) for the power
6.and i think a good strong armor
7. i need a high pressurised system wich i can let water in/out(this is for when the bot tilts i can let some water out one 1 side and get him back in balance)
8. a minicam so i can see where i am going
9maybe a grappeling hook that when the water gets to strong i can hold on to something
. and basic stuff like bolts and stuff like that

1.How will the engines work: as you can see at the pic. below i have 4 engines named A,B,C and D when you put them all 4 on the bot will go forward here go other directions:

1. going up:step 1. put on engine c and d when positioned vertically put on all 4 engines.
2.Going down:step1. put on engine a and b when positioned vertically put on all 4 engines.
3.going left: put on engine B and D
4.Going right: Put on engine A and C.
5.going left and then up: put up engine D or for more control put on engines B,C and D
6. going left and down: put on engine B or for more control put on engines A,B and D
7.Going Right and up: put on engine C or for more control put on engines A,C and D
8.Going Right and down: Put on engine A or for more control put on engines A,B and C

2.Control Panel: A. Camera Screen B.Camera Control and zoom C.Warning lights D.Status control of the bot E. engine control F. pressure thrust and power meters

3.Shape: it's a simple box with a x bar structure to make it robust and a sharp nose to slice threw water

4. the pistons and the props. i wanna use in my bot

what do u think about it?!

aquabot

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 08:25:42

well ppl? what do u think i would like to have a response plz. i know it sounds a bit wacky but i saw this competitions on discovery and thought it was really cool to make something like this but i will only make this when i'm older(or maybe i'l get smarter by then and won't make this) but still i would like a response.

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 08:26:45

not a bad idea! i like the prints you made and it sounds like it would work. good luck with it!

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 08:29:42

At 6/26/03 08:26 AM, KirbyClock1234 wrote: not a bad idea! i like the prints you made and it sounds like it would work. good luck with it!

wow... thanks!

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 08:39:49

welll this is my 4th post on this topic per hour and i just wanna say that i would like more reactions and i willl be working on a pic of the bot when its going to be complete!

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 09:08:40

What teh fuck is an Aquabot?

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 09:11:44

y ou probly would have got more of a response if you said "me bildum swimmy robot" there was a lot of information in the first post about how to robot will work and stuff and most people (like myself) really dont care...

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 10:43:53

At 6/26/03 09:08 AM, MacBeth wrote: What teh fuck is an Aquabot?

a subaquatic robot in other words... a thing that can swim underwater controlled from a distance ok

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 10:45:27

At 6/26/03 10:43 AM, Russian_Mobster wrote: a subaquatic robot in other words... a thing that can swim underwater controlled from a distance ok

it would be a bad ass toy to have and you could put a claw on it to pull off girls bathing suits that would be sweet

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 10:49:29

At 6/26/03 10:45 AM, Testerline wrote:

it would be a bad ass toy to have and you could put a claw on it to pull off girls bathing suits that would be sweet

I was just waiting for that typical male comment to jump into its place for this topic. I'm suprised it only came now. :p
Men..
This is why i'm going to be gay one day. :D. Almost there already anyways.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 10:50:46

At 6/26/03 10:49 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote: This is why i'm going to be gay one day. :D. Almost there already anyways.

as long as i can watch i dont care

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 10:51:00

At 6/26/03 10:43 AM, Russian_Mobster wrote:
a subaquatic robot in other words... a thing that can swim underwater controlled from a distance ok

And that's good for what?

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 10:53:09

At 6/26/03 10:50 AM, Testerline wrote:
At 6/26/03 10:49 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote: This is why i'm going to be gay one day. :D. Almost there already anyways.
as long as i can watch i dont care

LOL..what would your girlfriend say ? :/

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 10:55:46

At 6/26/03 10:53 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote: LOL..what would your girlfriend say ? :/

there is nothing wrong with just looking and if you are a lesbian she will mind even less

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 12:21:44

Legend:

P=pistons
Ctrl=controle card
Batt.=Battery
indi.indicators
T=transmittor
R=engines

Red lines = wiring what will be connected to what

paint job is bad i know but i can't make super effects on the cpu so it will be better made if i will make this bot!

aquabot

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 12:26:59

At 6/26/03 10:51 AM, MacBeth wrote:

well if you wanna explore underwater worlds maybe this is cool... and let's say there's a narrow entrance where youcan't get threw and this bot can and you wanna know what in there! here ya go! i mean some guy invented a scooter wich you just put on a helm and you scoot underwater!... (i watch a lot of discovery channel)

for the other guy:and yeah maybe i will put a claw on it, most aquatic bots have it! thanks for the idea

don't give me to much ideas cause else i can't affort it!

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 12:40:27

a fun toy to play with

And travis barker is good for nothing at all

Response to aquabot 2003-06-26 13:11:25

At 6/26/03 12:40 PM, LambMeat wrote:
a fun toy to play with

And travis barker is good for nothing at all

thanks for teh support... i know that i friend of mine has an vent of a cpu! so that's good! but i'l need more then i9 think i'l need right now... especially for the indicators and the grappeling hook and the transmittor and the pistons! i need a system that will make them work... and i just can't figure that out, ok maybe for the indicators a sort of pressure tool... but still the indicators aren't good if i don't have a good system for my transmittor. cause i needs to be digital i guess! cause else i will need a whole system on my controle board (not the control card in the robot but the nr.2 thing that is in my first post) to make it analog! then the cam... i know there's a cam in there world that is as small as a pil and you need to swallow it! but that's nano technology!!! and i dunno how to make that! so i'll get a lot of probs.

Response to aquabot 2004-02-04 13:50:18

Fuck i remember this as one of my earliest posts. Damn it's good to scroll back...now i know more of technics. This is Doable. Still i think that with the money the effort this plan is realistic. I only see one mistake and that is that the shape of the bot(box shape) isn't Hydrodynamical. Well as long as i have a trial on Fireworks i will see what i can work out.

Response to aquabot 2004-02-04 14:12:29

Not a half bad idea!!!!
Too bad most people who posted so far don't seem to care all that much. Looks like ur serious enuff about it to go for it and for that, i conradulate you.
Looks cool. Sounds usefull. And as has already been seen..... can have some very practical, if not very ethical uses:)

Response to aquabot 2005-11-03 16:15:41

lol

ghost bump?