00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground's Department of Defense.

1,255 Views | 22 Replies

The Newgrounds Department of Defense

********* Don't be iintimidated, we are looking for new members!

Welcome to the NGDD! Our purpose is to band together to serve Newgrounds. We have had a long history of almost 400 pages and are one of the oldest surviving clubs/crews on NG (2 years and 2 months). We have decided to start and continue using this thread as our active thread to create more interest in the NGDD and to clarify what our purpose and activities consist of in the first page.

Activities

The NGDD will have many competitions, b/p, Flash, audio, review, random quizzes, etc. When you participate in a competition, you will earn a certain amount of points depending on your performance in the competition. These points will be able to be redeemed for Newgrounds merchandise or a promotion within the club. Other ways to earn points is to do various things for the NGDD, such as running a competition.

Club Structure

There are four main departments: The Department of Flash, The Department of BBS, The Department of Audio, and the Department of Internal Affairs. A member of the NGDD will be able to join or switch to any one of the departments, the Department of Internal Affairs can only be joined if your rank is higher than Private. Each department is headed by a leader (already selected from the previous thread) and afer this post each leader will post what their departments purposes are and the expected duties of their members.

Deparment summarys

Audio:

As a member of the NGDD Audio Dept one of the primary duties is to help monitor trends in the audio portal and forum.

Additional or specific duties may be assigned as needed.

Persons with an interest in joining the audio dept. should have some familiarity with the creation of BGM&E/ VO for use in Flash animations.

BackGround Music and Effects and/or Voice Overs

You must also be willing to spend a little bit of time reviewing audio submissions and sifting through the Audio Forum to help determine points of concern and interest.

Although no requirements are absolutely necessary ,the better suited NGDD.AD candidates will also meet one or more of the following:

* 3 or more audio submissions with an Average Overall Rating of 7.00/10.00
* 3 or more submissions with a current score of 3.34 or higher
* 2 or more submissions used in a Flash Animation
* 50+ posts made to the Audio Forum

After the 15 day probation period any audio Dept. member that wants a new title and/or promotion must ask for it. It will be your resposibility to keep track of your progress and submit a request for advancement as appropriate. Your request will be reviewed by senior Audio Dept. members and you will then be granted a new rank and/or title based on merit.

Flash

The flash department’s aim is to discuss and take part in protecting the portal, this can be a range of things from flagging flashes and reviews that break the rules to voting fairly and giving detailed reviews to help authors.

We will take part in missions to protect the portal such as b/p, review competitions and much much more.

All you need to join is one of the following:
200 b/p points
Silver whistle
Or 30 decent reviews

BBS

The purpose of the BBS department is to discuss Bbs news, new clubs, etc.

We have an opinion on everything - wondereyes

We will take part in informing moderators of unseen spam, keeping a freindly board enviroment, and other numerous activities.

Requirements:

\Ten good post. That's it. Very open for new members!

Joining the NGDD

So you want to join the NGDD? All you need to do is to post saying which department you would like to be in, excepting the Internal Affairs (see above). There are no requirements to join the NGDD, but you will be automatically dishonourably discharged and lose all points if a post is not made in two weeks without prior notice. Also, all new members will be ranked as Privates for fifteen days after which, they will be promoted by their Department leader to your participation in the NGDD.

For up-to-date news on activities, member lists, the point system, and much more, please visit our Private Forum.

Current member list on this middle of this page.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Newgrounds Department of Defense!

Newground's Department of Defense.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 14:16:42

I would like to join and be a part of the BBS department I'm usually in the C&C and I've gotten used to seeing spammers invade all the different clubs.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 14:28:38

I would love joining the BBS section, im always everywhere in the BBS and i know i have more then 10 intelligent posts.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 14:35:50

Actually I would prefer to join the flash department I'm unsure about having ten intelligent posts and I have a silver whistle and over 200 B/P points so I think I would be better suited to protect the portal.

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 14:37:52

So guys, you already have a 380 page thread here: NGDOD, and now you're making a new one to attract more members?

I'm not quite sure I agree with this. Have one thread and advertise more in sigs and to your friends, PM maybe, or delete the old thread (it can be arranged) and you can start again here.

I'll ask the other mods, but I think only one crew is allowed and not extra ads.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 14:44:18

At 6/10/06 02:37 PM, Turandot wrote: So guys, you already have a 380 page thread here: NGDOD, and now you're making a new one to attract more members?

I'm not quite sure I agree with this. Have one thread and advertise more in sigs and to your friends, PM maybe, or delete the old thread (it can be arranged) and you can start again here.

I'll ask the other mods, but I think only one crew is allowed and not extra ads.

No, the old thread will not be deleted. It's history. This thread is also not a remake, more of a reborn. We're now a much more organized club with a for defined purpose. New people will see the first post in that club, then see the the 383 pages, and just not post.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 14:46:56

At 6/10/06 02:37 PM, Turandot wrote: So guys

Edit:

Oh, I didn't know you were Saria, sorry. I really can't run against a mods word, but please just give this a try.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 14:53:02

The same is true of all the large clubs. We can't have every large club remake themselves when they get large.

if you do this, the Mafia will want to etc etc

:/

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 14:53:44

At 6/10/06 02:46 PM, dave wrote:
At 6/10/06 02:37 PM, Turandot wrote: So guys
Edit:

Oh, I didn't know you were Saria, sorry. I really can't run against a mods word, but please just give this a try.

Don't worry about it, I understand why you're doing it, I don't know what to do, I'll ask Avie or someone who knows more about C&C.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 14:56:21

At 6/10/06 02:53 PM, Turandot wrote:

if you do this, the Mafia will want to etc etc

/

No, we wont. XD

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 14:59:45

Today's the day, I gues! =P

I would like to join this club and be part of the flash department as before. Great job on the first post, Dave!

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 15:09:48

All looks great with the new thread, anyway good to see this has already started to bring in new members. All the department leaders will do a post explaining about their club and stuff so here's mine:

The flash department’s aim is to discuss and take part in protecting the portal, this can be a range of things from flagging flashes and reviews that break the rules to voting fairly and giving detailed reviews to help authors.

We will take part in missions to protect the portal such as b/p, review competitions and much much more.

All you need to join is one of the following:
800 b/p points
Silver whistle
Or 60 decent reviews

If you are review banned, have a reported flash or have crappy reviews you will not be allowed to join.

PS: I will post a members list later on.

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 15:11:28

At 6/10/06 03:09 PM, WastedWizard wrote: All looks great with the new thread, anyway good to see this has already started to bring in new members. All the department leaders will do a post explaining about their club and stuff so here's mine:

Already put it in the post.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 15:13:02

YAY!!! thats why you don't post 10 mins after opening the post page as you forget when stuff has already been done!

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 15:19:06

Well like I said I would love to have an opportunity to join the Flash department I have well over 800 B/P points and a silver whistle as for the 60 reviews I don't review often so I can't help with that.

Also I saw some posts from Sarai so I have to ask is this happening or will it be closed?

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 15:20:32

At 6/10/06 03:11 PM, dave wrote:
At 6/10/06 03:09 PM, WastedWizard wrote: All looks great with the new thread, anyway good to see this has already started to bring in new members. All the department leaders will do a post explaining about their club and stuff so here's mine:
Already put it in the post.

You posted it, but it was changed to at least 800 B/P's or 60 decent reviews. 200 p/b's and 30 decent reviews is too easy.

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 15:33:16

At 6/10/06 03:19 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Well like I said I would love to have an opportunity to join the Flash department I have well over 800 B/P points and a silver whistle as for the 60 reviews I don't review often so I can't help with that.

Also I saw some posts from Sarai so I have to ask is this happening or will it be closed?

I don't think it is getting closed.

Yes you are in, you will be the rank of Private for 15 days and then I will give you a position. Welcome aboard!

Flash Comp
Well to mark the start of a new generation I decided we should start it off with a competition.

Details:
Date: Saturday 17th June

What you have to do:
The competition will involve B/P, reviews and even though you only have a week, submitting flash.

Scoring:
B/P:
1 B/P point = 1 point

Reviews:
Abusive review: Disqualified (If you do this a lot you will get chucked out the NGDD)
Poor review: -25 points
2 line review: 1 point
3 line review: 2 points
You get the idea for every line you get an extra point.

Flash:
5 minute piece: Disqualified and banned from future comps for 3 months.
Basically I will decide on how many points you get depending on how good the flash is. As a rough Idea a flash with a score of 3 would get around 100 points.

You don’t have to do all these.

Signing up:
If you want to take part please E-mail me: slightlycrazydude@gmail.com or add me on AIM: wastedwizard123.

Basically on the morning of the competition come here and post the amount of B/P point’s you have and the same at the end of the day. I will look at reviews etc… NOTE: If I find you have posted the wrong amount of B/P and it is to your advantage I will disqualify you.

If you have any questions please ask.

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 15:41:39

And, whos the leader of the BBS section?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 15:43:31

So we have a week starting today to get as B/P and reviews as possible? The scoring system is good especially the -25 on abusive reviews so I'm in.

Oh yeah I'm not a flash artist so don't expect to see me submit any movies.

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 15:54:06

At 6/10/06 03:41 PM, -Speedy- wrote: And, whos the leader of the BBS section?

Dave but he might be a bit inactive.

At 6/10/06 03:43 PM, pepeatumi wrote: So we have a week starting today to get as B/P and reviews as possible? The scoring system is good especially the -25 on abusive reviews so I'm in.

Oh yeah I'm not a flash artist so don't expect to see me submit any movies.

Never thought of doing it over a week but seems fair, It will start next Saturday and Finsih the following Saturday. This is so people have enough time to sign up.

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 16:03:40

Sure I'll sign up BBS section, I remain mainly active in the politics and club and crews.

Just check out my posts if you want to see what type of poster I am.

Faith tramples all reason, logic, and common sense.

PM me for a sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 16:29:40

At 6/10/06 03:33 PM, WastedWizard wrote:
Contest

Great idea, this is a great way to start a new club, I'll email it to you to confirm that I'll be in the contest!

Response to Newground's Department of Defense. 2006-06-10 16:33:51

I spoke with the C&C Mod expert and they advised a lock. Please use the other longer topic. If your leadership changes, or something, then do it in that topic please.

I suppose the only other thing to do would be to see if that topic could be locked and then this one opened as a new one.

But meh, sorry.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature