00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Get on this weekly podcast!

66,830 Views | 1,724 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 18:11:19

Ever wanted to be featured on a podcast? Well, this is your chance. The first podcast can be listened to here. I'll take a total of 5 songs from all genres, created by you.

Just post links to your works here, and I will play all entries over the week, and over the weekend I'll grab my five favorites and put them into the podcast.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 20:48:49

Click my sig. Listen to:

-Moon Dance-
-Dying Sun-
-Dying Sun- [Trip Bass Mix]
-Worship-
-Worship- [Fixed]

Just make sure that you put that those songs were made by me, -Steve-.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 21:41:11

mine are:

Flooded Dreams
Axel F (up yours crazy frog)
Pokemon Blue opening Theme
Dizzy Land - Snowboard Kids
Gym Leader Battle

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 21:58:29

Click my sig for link to my audio page. Top 5 (10 if you dont like something) entries should be OK to go...

Wakka wakka

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 22:06:34

Of Anima Theory and Steve...
Currently, Moon Dance and AxelF (You made this from scratch, right? If not, then Flooded Dreams). Great stuff, both of you.

Rucklo I'm currently checking out your stuff.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 22:25:59

Check out 11 Too Deep in my signature...

anything else is also pure ownage.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 22:29:12

Use my -Ambient Loop-.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 22:32:12

Current List
1. 11TooDeep by SolusLunes
2. AxelF or Flooded Dreams by Anima_Theory
3. Moon Dance by -Steve-
4. I Switch it On by Rucklo
5. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 23:31:29

At 4/15/06 10:25 PM, SolusLunes wrote: Check out 11 Too Deep in my signature...

anything else is also pure ownage.

Or Pwnge

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 23:35:48

Check out [Deconstruction of the city] and [Living in doubt] in my music

In my sig, of course

You think you've seen the Internet? My previous Newgrounds banner was my Myspace page.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-15 23:43:17

Current List
3. Moon Dance by -Steve-
5. Living in Doubt by D3C4r7

Sorry, no loops guys.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 00:43:24

Link in my sig, you could check out Roads, Fleets, Human Error, Temporal Vortex, Implications, D.S.T.C.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 00:48:10

Listen to any....but the top 5 should do fine (excluding Dark Element)

Techno

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 01:09:13

Current List
3. Moon Dance by -Steve-
5. Implications by AdmiralConquistador

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 01:25:44

To the Future--_-- or anything else that you like...

I'm Zenon. Stop giving me those weird looks when I have a different name :'(

And I'm submitting music on THIS account now! Check it out instead of on "ZENON" :O

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 09:54:30

Current List
1. Moon Dance by -Steve-
3. I Switch it On by Rucklo
4. 11TooDeep by SolusLunes
5. To the Future by Z3NON

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 13:51:16

a

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 14:25:29

I'd like you to choose The Abyss or Anaconda. Or Organic.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 14:43:17

At 4/15/06 06:11 PM, G9 wrote: Ever wanted to be featured on a podcast? Well, this is your chance.

OR - any of us could just set up our own podcast...

I'm not trying to break anyones balls but there really isn't anything magical about it.

So then, the question here is why is yours different? do you have an established fanbase? regular listeners? are you offering exposure to a large group of castees?

Or are you just looking for a few decent tracks to make available.

Like I said, I'm not trying to kick you down or anything, I'm just wondering what the deal is...

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 16:09:46

At 4/16/06 02:43 PM, LJCoffee wrote:
At 4/15/06 06:11 PM, G9 wrote: Ever wanted to be featured on a podcast? Well, this is your chance.
OR - any of us could just set up our own podcast...

I'm not trying to break anyones balls but there really isn't anything magical about it.

So then, the question here is why is yours different? do you have an established fanbase? regular listeners? are you offering exposure to a large group of castees?

Or are you just looking for a few decent tracks to make available.

Like I said, I'm not trying to kick you down or anything, I'm just wondering what the deal is...

Well... this seems like a first here, does it not? So I guess this is for experience, one...

Two, what is a podcast? It generally is broadcasted expressing certain interests to certain people. So this is another obvious reason to the podcast.

Three, I want to publicize my site as well as works that are being broadcasted. Sorry if that sounds manipulative :P

And I fully understand your skepticism, LJ. But I must add another comment... podcasts indeed are not magical, but in two ways: (1) They aren't incredibly rare. (2) They don't just produce themselves. ;)

Final List- Podcast 2 decided
1. Moon Dance by -Steve-
2. AxelF by Anima_Theory
3. I Switch it On by Rucklo
4. Anaconda by -API-
5. Racstraw by Glaisne
6. 11toodeep by Solus

Okay, that wraps it up for this podcast... will the people who have been selected please add any comments they wish to be broadcasted along with the song (links to sites, etc...).

Keep posting for the next podcast.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 16:25:17

At 4/16/06 02:43 PM, LJCoffee wrote

I'm not trying to break anyones balls

Ow, my balls...

:'(

I'm Zenon. Stop giving me those weird looks when I have a different name :'(

And I'm submitting music on THIS account now! Check it out instead of on "ZENON" :O

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 16:43:24

Sorry about the late notice guys, but I don't think I'll be able to add extra commentary between songs.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 17:00:30

At 4/16/06 04:09 PM, G9 wrote: for experience, one...
Two, what is a podcast? It generally is broadcasted expressing certain interests
Three, I want to publicize my site as well as works that are being broadcasted.
Sorry if that sounds manipulative :P

OK - that's all cool man, like I said I was just wondering what the angle was - that's all

The skepticism is only because of the latter that's all - I've seen a few people come in with ideas that really only seemed to benefit the guy asking for music - you know, that whole get something for nothing thing...

I wan't trying to be an ass or anything and I'm certainly not trying to discourage others here from participating - on the contrary I think that it's a good idea for those here who either can't or don't want to set up their own.

I hope it turns into something bigger for everyone and I hope that all involved get decent exposure and have a positive experience with it.

Let us know how many hits you're getting and I hope it's allot

Good Luck! I wish you the best!

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 17:04:59

At 4/16/06 05:00 PM, LJCoffee wrote:
OK - that's all cool man, like I said I was just wondering what the angle was - that's all

The skepticism is only because of the latter that's all - I've seen a few people come in with ideas that really only seemed to benefit the guy asking for music - you know, that whole get something for nothing thing...

I wan't trying to be an ass or anything and I'm certainly not trying to discourage others here from participating - on the contrary I think that it's a good idea for those here who either can't or don't want to set up their own.

I hope it turns into something bigger for everyone and I hope that all involved get decent exposure and have a positive experience with it.

Let us know how many hits you're getting and I hope it's allot

Good Luck! I wish you the best!

Thanks for your support! :D

... and addressing your point, in the first podcast I released and linked to, I also referred to the artist's site where you could buy his album. I'd be willing to do the same for all of those who got accepted, that is, post your links. What I can't do is submit your personal commentary. Wouldn't fit in with the flow of the broadcast.

I'm actually having trouble with the RSS =\

The recording's all good, but the RSS doesn't seem to work... that's the part that makes the podcast "broadcastable", so-to-speak.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 17:38:41

At 4/16/06 05:04 PM, G9 wrote: The recording's all good, but the RSS doesn't seem to work...

Yep, several others that I've spoken to generally run into the same problem - there's a decent "how to" located HERE that covers proper formatting.

The RSS feed almost always seems to be the trickiest part. - I hope that link helps - it's probably just a matter of proper syntax.

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 18:17:26

Yes! It works! Thanks so much man!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 18:34:16

no prob. Glad I could help

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 18:44:10

At 4/16/06 04:09 PM, G9 wrote: 5. Racstraw by Glaisne

*dances*

a

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-16 18:54:11

Alright people, for information on subscription, hit here. Second episode will be rolling next weekend.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-04-23 16:54:13

Alright, the second podcast is up... check it out at http://www.podcastin..des/rss.rss/view.htm

For those who have been featured, please send up some of your best songs for the G9 Flash Audio Showcase. Also,the third podcast is rolling in so post your songs here!