00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

newgrounds band

20,029 Views | 409 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

newgrounds band 2006-03-23 09:15:11

here's an idea for a collaboration, but it's a bit different. what if a few people got together and formed a newgrounds band? i person would be the drummer, one would be the bassist, one or two could be the guitar players, one could be the keyboardist, and one could be the singer (or no singer, not really needed). would anybody be up for this idea?

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 09:39:25

Meep...won't work I guess....Check out the...

Online Band

18 pages of commetns...but nothing ever really happend. : /

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 09:41:22

damn. ok well how about this. anybody wanna be in a band with me? i need a drummer, bassist, and keyboardist.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 11:43:19

I'm just learning bass but i have a few original bass lines. tell me if ur interested

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 11:58:32

i'm interested but i'd havta hear ya playin' bass first to know whether or not you'd work out.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 12:25:10

it's a gud idea this, getting it to work may be a problem but i'm definately interested. Im a rhythm guitarist i aint nowt special but im gud, i know me chords anyways lol. Where abouts in this world are you based? Im manchester UK, and what music style u into? see im a general indie lad tho i can rock out if i want to. Anyways lets hear a bit more about this.

also the idea about being an online band, we'd all need pcs, which run the same programmes, have the same basic set up uvawise theres gonna be a whole lot of confusion and fucking around.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 12:32:23

At 3/23/06 12:25 PM, pitters wrote: it's a gud idea this, getting it to work may be a problem but i'm definately interested. Im a rhythm guitarist i aint nowt special but im gud, i know me chords anyways lol. Where abouts in this world are you based? Im manchester UK, and what music style u into? see im a general indie lad tho i can rock out if i want to. Anyways lets hear a bit more about this.

also the idea about being an online band, we'd all need pcs, which run the same programmes, have the same basic set up uvawise theres gonna be a whole lot of confusion and fucking around.

i'm in ny. and the type of music would be basically instrumentals. kinda like it would be an orchestrated rock band. we'd play stuff with and without distortion but it would be songs that you could sing over and then the singing would be done with guitar or keyboard leads and solos. it'll basically be mood music i guess. somethin' you can listen to and either meditate or rock the fuck out.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 12:55:12

yep im just goin thru ur tunes at v mo, far better than me at guitar man, but u've also got a wide ranging style, which is certainly a gud thing, im sure we cud work on summat, hav a listen to sum of my stuff, u'll find me on the indie page.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 13:25:33

I don't really understand how an internet band would work . . . the thing about a band is you have to meet up and talk to each other and play little riffs and whatnot and combine everybodys talents into a song. Thats hard as hell to do over the internet, the only thing you could really do is start out with one guitar, add bass, add another guitar, add drums, then add singing. I don't think this would work very well

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 13:33:25

i like your drum stuff pitters. if you could make drum tracks as well that would be great. chilly on the willy has some great drums. let's see what we can get done.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 13:37:01

At 3/23/06 01:25 PM, RadRacer wrote: I don't really understand how an internet band would work . . . the thing about a band is you have to meet up and talk to each other and play little riffs and whatnot and combine everybodys talents into a song. Thats hard as hell to do over the internet, the only thing you could really do is start out with one guitar, add bass, add another guitar, add drums, then add singing. I don't think this would work very well

sorry for double postin' but i had to reply to this. drums come first rad racer. you make the riff and then the drums are recorded first, then bass, then rhythm guitars, then lead guitars, and vocals are last. but it should work. guitar tabs work wonders.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 13:39:11

i quite agree with u there mate, as it's the jammin that makes tracks work, but the idea has sum potential, i mean bands have recorded albums wen the singers on the uva side of the world, or never bein in the same studio at the same time, so it can be done. and it wud b a process of layering a track u know piece by piece, but if for example i made a gud rhytm guitar part, i cud post it, the guy cud play with it n if he finds summat post it bk and so on.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 13:42:13

At 3/23/06 01:33 PM, mhb wrote: i like your drum stuff pitters. if you could make drum tracks as well that would be great. chilly on the willy has some great drums. let's see what we can get done.

i generally use quality samples for me drums, all copyright and royalty free, as i aint no drummer, i cud hav a crack at sequencing, but it'd lose the 'live' sound, so we'd b at square one again. I'd say stick with samples, or i might get hold of summat like groove agent. as long as theyre copyright and royalty free ur okay.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 13:58:54

well let's see what we can do. grab a few samples and let's rock a few riffs and see what we can get done.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 14:07:10

At 3/23/06 01:58 PM, mhb wrote: well let's see what we can do. grab a few samples and let's rock a few riffs and see what we can get done.

will do mate, but im rough as a cows arse today, i aint musical at all today, hungover and really tired, but tomoz i'll knock summat up n i'll post it oether on here or email it to you, then we'll get the process started, shud be fun this.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 14:09:43

At 3/23/06 02:07 PM, pitters wrote:
At 3/23/06 01:58 PM, mhb wrote: well let's see what we can do. grab a few samples and let's rock a few riffs and see what we can get done.
will do mate, but im rough as a cows arse today, i aint musical at all today, hungover and really tired, but tomoz i'll knock summat up n i'll post it oether on here or email it to you, then we'll get the process started, shud be fun this.

cool. i'd rather you e-mail it to me that way nobody knows what it's gonna sound like until we're finished. and e-mail both the drum track and the track with you playin' over it. that way i can experiment with both and see what i can do. and send 'em as mp3 files if ya can. that would be perfect.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 14:21:49

If you ever need a singer... :D

The music I've posted is a lot different than my usual singing style, though. But if you wanna hear a sample of my "rock" voice, lemme know.

a

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 14:29:03

At 3/23/06 02:21 PM, Glaisne wrote: If you ever need a singer... :D

The music I've posted is a lot different than my usual singing style, though. But if you wanna hear a sample of my "rock" voice, lemme know.

your voice is pretty good. if you can sing your celtic style but with intense hate, pain, and sorrow for the entire world all at once then you'd be perfect.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 14:33:30

I would offer to program drums for you, but plans like this went down the drains before.

If this does go anywhere, i'll be here.
Listen to 'final battle' if you wanna hear my drum work i can program. I don't feel like recording drums.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 15:02:49

At 3/23/06 02:33 PM, -ZENON- wrote: I would offer to program drums for you, but plans like this went down the drains before.

If this does go anywhere, i'll be here.
Listen to 'final battle' if you wanna hear my drum work i can program. I don't feel like recording drums.

listened to the track and fifen'd it!!! bad-ass track with great drums. zenon, i might e-mail you if you'd be interested in programming drums for a project that's a lot more serious. let me know if you're interested. and if this does pull through it would be awesome if you could do the drums for it.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 17:00:21

Check out "Pop My Words With Your Teeth" to see if any of my instrumental talents would be of use to you

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 17:33:15

Well, you probably don't need another guitarist, but my recording quality's nice. If you'd like, we can work on a nice song together harmonizing, ect.

If you're insterested, you can contact me on aim: fwe4life or msn: verifyacc@hotmail.com

wtfbbqhax

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 17:48:30

I'm a keyboardist, if you still need one. All of my song's parts are me playing, and here is a piece I recorded a while ago.

It's Rachmoninoff's Prelude in C# Minor... if you are familiar with classical music you will probably recognize it. I know you aren't looking for classical, but this is the only recorded file I could find of myself on my computer (that isn't going to be on my classical CD).

I didn't put it onto newgrounds, but you can get it from my website right here.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 17:59:03

...god yes.

Pick him.

a

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 18:03:02

right everyones welcome to contribute in my opinion, if we can hav as many members as possible we'll have more chance of working a groove out, basically i want anyone and evryone from scratch dj's to a violinist, rather than just a band lets make it a collective, where peeps work with eachother, but not neccessary on everything all the time togeva. I have a few skills up my sleave, but im more a jack of all trades master of fuckall, so people who are focused on one sound are gonna b a great help.

N here's another thing just a thought.....

What shall we call this band?

I'll get the ball rolling

Psycho Death Monkey (lol)

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 18:14:10

At 3/23/06 05:48 PM, MrMaestro wrote: I'm a keyboardist, if you still need one. All of my song's parts are me playing, and here is a piece I recorded a while ago.

It's Rachmoninoff's Prelude in C# Minor... if you are familiar with classical music you will probably recognize it. I know you aren't looking for classical, but this is the only recorded file I could find of myself on my computer (that isn't going to be on my classical CD).

I didn't put it onto newgrounds, but you can get it from my website right here.

u are shit hot my friend, is it just classical u do tho or r u capable of uva styles? i mean we don't even need u to b this technical considering it'll b more a rock oufit or summat, then again if it is a collective we cud hav various musicians doin various things. LOL

LETS START A FIRE AND DANCE AROUND IT

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 18:20:38

Oh yea, I do all sorts of stuff. I've done Jazz, Classical, Rock, Pop and some others. If you want a particular style, just ask, I'll probably have at least some experience with it. If not, give me a sample of what you are looking for and I will emulate it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 18:26:24

basically we're still at the lets try something stage, i'm gonna throw a few things togeva tomoz, a few drum samples, n throw a rhythm on top then im gonna post it to whats his name(lol) he's gonna hav a bash at it, then send it bk, if it works and this is a big if we'll start branching out and get everyone invloved, it's a process of layering as i dont think theres enuff bandwidth in the world to have a live jam on the internet...........Actually i just thought of a way, possibly.........if peeps hav a messenger programme u can have mass convos on voice but not cam, we cud just jack up mics n guitars n c if it works. anyways, it's gud to know u can do different styles, i hav a feeling ur gonna be used....alot. Keep ur eyes on here as we may b needing u by the weekend.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 18:29:49

As long as you don't need me to fly over to New York I'm good.

I'll be in Boston on saturdays at New England Conservatory if any of you happen to be there (though what would be the chances?). I'll look forward to hearing what you guys are making and working with you.

If it's any help, I've got 250 gigabytes of bandwidth. My website will probably only use 50 gig max, so 200 gigs can be used for file hosting if desired.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds band 2006-03-23 18:29:57

Pitters, your posts sound pretty smart (aside from the spelling)

Who could you please type normally so I don't get headaches when i'm trying to interpret what youre rying to say?

wtfbbqhax