This is a NGADM Round 1 Review.
- Great build-up.
- Great lyrics.
- Excellent guitar work (as always)!
- Love those solos (1:05 & 2:15)!
- Excellent blend of acoustic/electric.
- Snappy, clean percussion and soft exhales.
I think this is one of your better tracks, Ceevro my friend. Clean, full of raw, soulful performance and generally a great listen. The blend of acoustic and electric guitars work splendidly in this piece; the acoustic backing during those electric solos makes for an interesting combo/perspective (in terms of the lyrics and my interpretation of the song).
What to consider:
- Electric portions sound just a tad uneven in the mix.
- That subtle humming in the background could be brought out a little more.
The electric guitar works incredibly in this track, but it overpowers other elements of the track at times, especially during the solos. This brings me to my next point -- the humming that we hear at 1:27 and 2:13. I can just barely make it out, and I think that if the volumes were brought up just a bit more, it would sound perfect! Honestly though, these are more or less nitpicks on my part; I really enjoyed the track!
Excellent work, keep it up!