This is a NGADM Round 3 Review.
First, here's a breakdown of your score:
Production: 18/30 (Average)
Composition: 27.5/30) (Great)
Instrumentation: 13/15 (Great)
Originality: 9/10 (Great)
Interest: 13.5/15 (Great)
Total: 81.0/100 or 8.1/10 or 4 Stars (Above Average).
Rubric (w/ rough judge notes and explanation of categories/score):
- Great composition! Really enjoyed the melodies, harmonies, and flow. There was definitely a lot of detail insofar as the writing is concerned.
- Instrumentation was quite solid, although I could have seen more use of other horns to flesh out the horn section (a 5 horn band perhaps).
- The actual playing on the live parts was clean and well done.
- Yep, sounds like Camo finally got off his bum for this contest. :P
- MONO drums... They sound like they were recorded with a single SM-57 on the other side of the room... very thin, no presence, very weak. HUGE loss in effectiveness of the song... and the saxes... yeah yeah, you know.
- I felt the mix wasn't very tight. Some of the instruments were way in my face (guitar, that clicky clack keyboard thing, etc), others were a mile away (drums, bass). Bass was weak, sounded less like a bass and more like a chill low pad, need more pop and impact.