Not bad, but not super amazing either. The main saw in Act 1 needs more expression/vibrato. It just sounds plain. The bass synth doesn't fit very well, especially on the parts where it's pitch is higher. This could've used something like a marimba definitely for what you used a piano for, maybe overlaid. I did like your Act 2 idea though, which was better executed than Act 1, but still needs some work on mastering for example.
The saw is a little plain; I should've done better there. I like the bass; it was something fairly big and overpowering throughout the original, so I tried to do something similar.
Believe it or not, I did actually try a marimba (along with lots of other stuff) and didn't like the result. But maybe I'm just entirely wrong on that and the bass. :D
Mastering's always been a weak point on mine, as you know; I think I'm getting better, but I'm still miles off the mark. I'm glad you liked Act 2.
Please contact me if you would like to use this in a project. We can discuss the details.