NGADM R.3 Review:
What I liked:
- The piano was crisp and clear, and was written well.
- Overall, I liked the theme of the song a lot, it just sounded nice.
- The tempo variation was a nice touch, I'm a big fan of when people slowdown or speed up the tempo for added dramatic effect, such as the moment right before the lift in the song.
What I didn't:
- Unfortunately, while I did like the overall writing of this, I wasn't a fan of the synth, I thought it clashed a bit too much with the song and what it was trying to be. It just didn't fit in right, and I think you would have been better off finding a soundfont for some strings or something to replace it with, even if they weren't the best of quality.
- It feels unfinished, it's not that the ending is bad, it's just, after it ends, I can feel it flowing into something else, but that never happens, it just dies.
I really liked the overall theme of this song, but honestly think you would have been much better off finding some free soundfont or something to use in place of the synths, because they really do clash with not only the theme of the song, but they just don't really feel natural in this setting.
However, if a little confused by the choice of instruments, still a good song regardless.