It might be slightly off the usual quality and greatness your songs tend to have, but it's still a fine piece nonetheless!
Quite indeed - it's not up to my standards I usually have, but this is the best I could do. The chords are not original, the melodies are simple and the sounds used are also simple. I wish I could do better than this, though. Maybe later I will be able to do it.
Thank you for listening!
I really liked the mood you set with this. The chord progression and melodies were really nice, and I also very much enjoyed the 'swelling' which was present throughout.
If you're looking for things to improve:
1. Your drums are pretty weak. By weak I don't mean not loud enough, but the samples you used are pretty fake-sounding, and the velocities weren't messed with at all. The hi-hat stood out the most, and you could fix this either with a different sample, or by varying the velocities of the notes.
2. The drum patterns could have been varied a bit more. Also, I felt like a halftime feel might have worked with the mood.
3. The piece doesn't quite have an ending, but also doesn't quite loop. If you want it to loop I would have the sounds at the end and beginning be at the same volume.
Altogether, the things I didn't like were pretty minor. I really enjoyed this song, and I could tell you really put your heart into it.
Thank you for your review!
I'm going to pick out your points one after the other:
1. Yes, they are weak. They're some free samples I found lying around the internet's "darkest corners" (aka it took me a lot to even find these). I never messed with the velocities on drums - you can notice that in all my other works. The hi-hat is so loud because I intentionally made it like so, but after reconsideration, yes, I could lower it by a bit.
2. Yes, they could've been, though I felt like it was okay for me; as I listen to the song more and more, though, I feel like I could vary them as per your recommendation. I don't know what you mean by "a halftime feel" - could you please elaborate by sending me a PM?
3. The volume at the end and at the beginning seems to be identical for me.
All in all, I am grateful that you enjoyed my song!
Don't be discouraged. Sounds good man! Music is easiest to write after a mental break down.
Thank you very much for your review!
I guess it's easy, though sometimes it's hard - most of the times I start an idea, but after a while I dunk it out because it's not up to my standards. I persevered with this song, though, and I got this. It's not up to my standards, sadly.
Please contact me if you would like to use this in a project. We can discuss the details.