Working on a lot of big projects is tiring me out. Just so I could get something finished, I decided to 'remix' one of my old songs and improve the instrumentation. I never do remixes so maybe that tells you something.
0. This is NOT my best song, and I'm ok with that. Sometimes you have to sacrifice perfectionism in order to not go crazy, and this is one of those times.
1. After 10 years of using FL Studio, I FINALLY figure out why everyone loves the 3xOSC. OMG, this thing is amazing. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME...
2. I only wrote the song about 4 or 5 months ago. It's kind of insane how much I've improved since then. Which may not be apparent in this song. :D
3. Here's the source material: http://www.newgrounds.com /audio/listen/482108
4. NG only allows 25 chars in the title, otherwise I would put an apostrophe in "let's"... and then a comma after "thing"... and then a period after the end of the sentence... :P
5. As I was reworking this song, I tweaked some of the melodies and found some really interesting ideas.
6. The snare from the drumloop and the clap combined really nicely. Happy coincidences.
7. Along with #4, after working on this for a bit I feel like I still haven't totally unearthed the full version. Like when I first wrote it it was like I was digging in the ground and hit a rock, and once I hit the rock I figured I was done. Now I've kinda dug out that rock and you start to see features and shapes. But I don't feel like I'm done yet.
8. That was a lot of stuff to say about a rather simple song...