I, and possibly others in the future, would like to use your music to create custom levels in two rhythm games titled "A Dance of Fire and Ice" and "Rhythm Doctor", both developed by 7th Beat Games.
Players can create custom levels with any song. The games can be found here: https://7thbe.at
However, to use your content, we need to get permission for it. May I know if we can use your songs?
The agreement will be introduced in four sections: General, Redistribution, Song Modifications, and Contact Information.
This agreement is based on good faith and there is no need to sign any document.
- I'm not affiliated with 7th Beat Games in any way. The level would remain unofficial and will not be added to any of the official games. Your music would not be used for commercial purposes.
- However, both games are commercial games and provide a Level Editor as a secondary feature. All of the custom level features are free of charge and no additional revenue would be generated.
- We will credit you in the level through the song title and artist name. We will also have a social media and/or store page link to you in the level description.
- You can permit all songs, specific songs or you can give exceptions, like prohibiting specific songs like remixes. You can also deny all usage of your songs, which is understandable. We will respect your decision.
- 7th Beat Games sets the series of conduct regarding Custom Levels. You can see the document here: https://www.notion.so/UGC-Standards-73c8224a3876404799203faf7b1a818f
The level could become available on the Steam Workshop. You can check out the Steam Workshop here https://steamcommunity.com/app/977950/workshop/ and here https://steamcommunity.com/app/774181/workshop/
In the Steam Workshop, users will be able to subscribe to custom level packages. The package will include your song’s audio file (in .ogg format), JSON sequence files, and other assets such as images.
Because of this, redistribution issues may arise. If you do not want your content to be redistributed, please feel free to declare it explicitly.
3. Song Modifications
In order to fit the gameplay, your song may be cut down or altered, for example removing some sections to make it shorter. The edits will be made reasonably, and will not significantly change or distort the characteristics of your song. An example may be simply removing a long intro or outro, or removing a repeated chorus to reduce the length of the level. You can deny permission for this type of modification specifically if you like.
Players may also add short tutorial levels with music based on your music. This music would either be made from scratch by the player, or from a portion of the original song slowed down. Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clAskDtrG5E These short levels are meant to teach the player gameplay mechanics before they try the song’s main level. You can also deny permission for this type of modification if you like.
4. Contact Information
If your song has been used and/or modified in a way that you feel violates your personal policy, you are free to request it to be reworked or removed.
Please contact the email address at the below. 7th Beat Games staff will gladly address your needs.
For Steam Workshop related issues: firstname.lastname@example.org. For other than Steam Workshop: email@example.com.
You may revoke your permission any time by contacting 7th Beat Games. Please tell them your thoughts about keeping or deleting the remaining levels when you revoke your permission.
Please note that your reply will be provided as evidence and subsequently available to the public.
Thank you for reading. Please let me know your thoughts!
And the song is one of my favorites and a banger!
a true masterpiece. I hate nothing about this song
Oh, i love this song so much, whats the instrument that starts at 00:30?? I love it so much, did you make the sound yourself?
I found an absolute banger
Please contact me if you would like to use this in a project. We can discuss the details.