I think this is actually one of your better efforts!
- Nice change of consistency in the style at 0:54 with the sudden withdraw of all notes and substituting it with piano. Piano is awesome IF you use it right. I would say that counts!
- The off-harmony notes with the Sawtooth Synth(?) after 1:12 complimenting the accompanying notes. Nice indeed!
- No bass? Adding bass may or may not work for this kind of song though...
- Percussion felt predictable at times. It ended up feeling monotonous rather than dynamic.
- A Video Game BGM I could see it working in. Probably a mild action/adventure scene with suitable tension and build-up to a major plot element and/or development.
Thoughts for instruments in future pieces:
- I am a fan of Choir Ahs for background noise and New Age for certain higher notes.