Other than the bad review below me (LOL) I would have to say that it has much more than "a beat, effects(lots) and sprinkles of noises..."
The bass is done very well, actually. Very house/electo-y. I just love when you build up, and when it kicks in, that bass/kick combo is pure amazing. Very good combination, and it flows nicely as well. To me, that's really what made this song appealing.
The effects you put in it (filters, etc) make the song fresh to those with ADD/ADHD, but it would still be good without them even (don't take them out, I just wanted to add that fact in for future reference).
Although this song is amazing, it could use a few tweaks that I would personally recommend:
- Use a different snare? It just doesn't seem to fit the style of house/electro that you chose. Or, you could just EQ the snare more to give it more of a washed out feeling, not that hard noise that you give it.
- Use more synths when you might feel that the song is "empty." This track is great, but it could definitely use more synths on top of the great foundation that you gave this already.
- A big less on the mid-range EQ of the bass. It just needs to be done... this track will sound more clean and fresh (listen to a few of my newer tracks if you want examples of the clean sound I'm talking about, and need be, I could show you myself).
- Work on the outro more, there's plenty of ways to end it not as abrupt as you chose. Just a few (classic) ways:
- fade out the whole track
- filter out (about the same thing)
- crash after 8-16 bars of perc outro (so the track is mix-able)
- use either the bass OR a synth (delay makes it sound sweet as well)
And the list goes on....
This track has great potential, and it seems like you have great potential, but just a few tweaks here and there and more practice will make you a good producer.
Also, if you want more tips on this track, I'll be glad to give you some (my AIM is on my NG page).
i always vote 5
so here's my actual review. (oh and my tummy fells lots better now).
well the song didn't have much to it other than a beat, effects(lots) and sprinkles of noises, but it was done pretty well.
Please contact me if you would like to use this in a project. We can discuss the details.