Hey wait hmm review
This sounds like a mixture of techno and house music. You got me lost with the title of this song. This is some very weird song. Maybe the screwed up detuning your going for. Anyway.....
1) Hey, well you really went loud on the drums to start the song. I like that....though I'm a bit interested why you say my songs are too loud. This one seems to be a lot louder than my stuff.
2) 31 seconds I really like that techno saw like instrument. Very dirty...
3) I am digging the vibes at 1:02. Awesome sub bass. Reminds me of benny benassi changing style song.
4) 2:22 I like your mini build up into the next transition. Nuff said
1) Some very long drum intro. Some people may just get bored of the song before it even starts at 31 seconds.
2) Meh, what is with the dinky claps at 1:34. More power in those claps would have been much better. I guess you did that as a build up to 1:48?
3) Huh? 2:36 doesn't make sense. The transition was quite abrupt. I'm not a fan of dissonance so yeah don't like the detuning going on. All opinion of course.
4) Hmm, I guess your description of a 2 hour train is somewhat correct. Not as boring as a train ride that long, but kinda repetitive. At least you add a extra layer of an instrument to make it differentiate slightly from the previous parts. Really, you should have cut this song at the 4 minute mark and it would have been better.
Overall, I'm impressed with the production skills. Great job with the eq and automations. I hardly noticed the good fx sounds. That saw instrument was what sucked me into this song. Anyway, 5/5 vote and 9/10 review. Keep making this stuff. Its way better than those top 5 songs I hear. :)
Bye for now
Hmm as far as I remember I've never mentioned the loudness of your music in a negative context, on the contrary - the better your mix the more you can boost the volume. I might've complained about the volume of a single instrument though.
I think the saw is indeed a plain minimoog saw (from Spectrasonics Trilogy).
The detuning - what I've done here is an extreme version of what all those electro-house producers are currently doing (Deadmau5 can probably be seen as the originator) Can't say that I find it particularly pretty but it's certainly different and attracts your attention.
The track ain't much more than an experiment, I haven't put a lot of effort, thought or time into the song structure, just wanted to make the sound somewhat decent. But you're probably perfectly right about the additional instrument, without it there's not enough going on to justify the 6 and a half minutes.
However, thanks for the great review.
hehe, ive been listening to ur stuff lately. production is mint! you pay a lot of attention to the details, and even though the themes are largely repetitive, it carries those subtleties that make deadmau5's stuff surreal. kinda makes me feel like writing up some more music again... :)
2 hour rain ride
Oh yeah... Oooooooh yeah..
It reminds me of the daily 2 hour train ride to school. :(
This is....a superb song
Thanks for the reviews man!
Good job, I liked it. Not really my kind of music, but still, it sounds nice.
Please contact me if you would like to use this in a project. We can discuss the details.