in my opinion it's pretty good BUT...i think if 1:39-1:42 would have repeated itself a few times instead of changing notes throughout the entire pattern that it would have sounded much better(to me anyway) also you may wanna think about POSSIBLY replacing the closed hi hat with an open hi hat then putting some low DB hi hat in the background for more filler. i'm not exactly sure how it would sound but it's an idea right? other than that though this song is good :)
i especially liked the kick. it wasn't just the simplistic norm we hear in the majority of techno songs.
My fear that putting a open hat in place of the closed is that the background would get to "splashy." I agreed about making the part more repetitious but I have a tendency to make my songs to repetitious, so I didn't test the waters here. Yeah, I had fun with the kick. Thanks for your review.
Good beat...too soft for me though...and maybe work on the transitions between riffs or whatever you musicians call them. It can improve, but it is still durn good.
Thanks for the insight :)
Hmmm can t say bad
It is good, it has actually soul. Few experiments and so on. But if you ask me the beat is not good enough. It is like it is not believed in it. You probably wondered let s create something good to listen but not something to remember forever. Second track is the best but it does not make the whole thing worth downloading it on mp3.
Yeah, sadly I do not yet have much drum experience. This is where I lack confidence.
1) i really liked just having it slowly fade in like that.
2) The melody written was beautiful
3) The mixing was excellent.
4) 1:15 ish when everything came in was decent. I would change the hats and snares and stuff around a bit try get some more stuff, maybe more reverb... i'm not sure.... but i'd mess with that some more.
5) I like the low section with claps, i would change the beat up a little there, or add in some effects and what nots to keep the listener entertained... things that don't even have to standout much, maybe just some filter playing, so even the listner doesn't reconize change, the ear wont get bored.
6) Coming back in after that the cymbol felt a little harsh and not enough reverby... or maybe layer the cymbol some more and so it adds some cool dynamics to it.
7) The last thing is your outro... which was perfect... i like the effect put on the string instrument, like it was reversing. great outro.
So much improvement... also it was fun to have to jump in the tail end of the stickcam... u missed a bunch of amazing stuff though... nubbin is truly the master of percussion... just incredible.
enjoy a true 8 from me and a friendly 5!!!
Thanks bro. I'll take a look at it all in FL when I have time. I have another version of this song and I sampled Airline Cabin Announcements in to my song. I'll show it to you if you want. I'll put it up here when I update it again. Thanks for the rating. :)
For some reason this one touched me.
I like this song alot and i might happen to download it for future references ;)
Thanks bro. I really wanted to get this one right. :)
Please contact me if you would like to use this in a project. We can discuss the details.