I like what you did here. I enjoy the drum beat most of all in DnB's..to be expected I guess. But I love that style. So good job! -XDSX
thanks a bunch!
This is pretty good... but...
I feel like there could be so much more done... cause it just feels like something is missing... and it feels... empty. D: You have a great piece here... just haven't done enough with it, but it's pretty good for your first tune that you've actual work and time into. I'll give you the blow by blow:
1. Good starting intro. Sets everything up for the beginning.
2. As the song goes along, it's built pretty well, but I think there's just something missing in the background. Something like a sub bass or secondary synth you could place your foundation on.
3. The drums just sound too blunt... you kinda made them sound... insignificant in the song. Trying using a sliced up version of the amen break (or whatever break suits you best), as many others have used. It sounds much more punchier, and it stands out more. But, the patterns sound great for the song. Good job in that area. Just could've stood out more.
4. Great use of the cut off filter on the starting synth. It interested me.
5. The reese sounds great. Grindy and sawy. Just the way I like it.
6. The outro was pretty good. Glad you added some variation to the ending. It was getting a bit... boring and reptitive, shall I say. But, I don't care much for repetition. Only the song matters to me.
7. (If you want the amen, I could send it to you, if you'd like.)
8. Trying doing something more with the drums, like adding cut off filters, panning, velocity. They should sound more awesome if done correctly. (Note fine pitch sounds awesome if you use it right.)
9. Outro left much to be desired, but good reverb effect at the with the main synth.
Add somethings to make it sound more interesting. It just sounds too blunt, and it sounds empty and hallow, but that's what foundations are for, right? :D You did a good job creating it, but you need something more.... and I just can't put my finger on it. It sounds a ibt too short for my taste, cause I usually like songs that range from about 4-6 minutes long, but that's something we all do, as long as you pump out a song, it's all good. if you need help, ask some people here on NG. They're cool people. (Including myself! :3) Good luck on future projects. Keep it Real~
thanks alot for the advice bro, uploading here on newgrounds is actually a great way to learn and improve on songmaking, so its greatly appreciated!
just got into the genre, also jsut started using FL, so im jsut gona keep making song after song, hopefully improving along the way :P
but yeah, thanks alot dude!
the mix is overall very pleasant to hear : ) congrats
im sorry, my english sucks a lil
no worries:P thnaks alot tho!
Please contact me if you would like to use this in a project. We can discuss the details.