i really injoyed that it was pretty sweet!
very good man. make more trances its ur thing!
the mudkip approves.
aka, i leik it.
So I'm a trance fan only for the first 2 minutes before I fall asleep. Fortunately yours is a short (less than 3 minute) song. Okay, so let's see how this one went.
1) I like the piano composition. The accompanying trance lead instrument is pretty nice to here too.
2) Well, I thought the percussion used was well thought of.
3) The song is short. It's repetitive, but I didn't get seriously bored.
4) A song with a definitive ending is always a good thing to me. I'm sure a longer sustain on the explosion at the end would be better, but not a big deal.
1) I say this as nicely as I can, but you really should use a different bass pattern. I wouldn't mind if you use that bass pattern for a small portion of your song, but you used it for the whole thing. Checking on youtube, there are probably over a million songs that use that same typical trance bass beat (heck that bass pattern has been used for more than a decade). You are putting yourself in a tough crowd to show that yours is better than theirs. Frankly, I don't think yours is as good as those other typical trance songs. However, on the positive side, I think you still managed to make a party happy feeling with that happy like bass. The new form of trance is now armin van buuren and paul van dyk. (well they are arguably the two best dj or for sure top 10 worldwide)
2) At 1:04 when the choir pad comes in....you might need more decay time. This is more noticeable at 1:30 where each time the choir plays a different pitch; there is a quick decay time that just doesn't bring the smoothness to that section. In other words, make more legato by making longer gate time or more decay time or even longer attack time. Also, not sure why your choir section is so short. At 1:36 I liked how you introduced that new instrument, but i 2 seconds later your right at the climax again. Transitions should be gradual. Build up to a climax or something like that.
To conclude, don't get me wrong like I'm bashing you. We are all trying to learn to make music as good as professionals (whether that ever happens or not), so don't take me as a mean dude. I'm only trying to provide you with constructive criticism. Keep up the learning process and as well wish me luck too. Congrats on getting top 5 and I hope to hear more from you in the future. 9/10 review and 5/5 vote.
Bye for now
This Is Sweet Man
Make More Man Cause U Got Great Talent At this GIVE THE MAN RESPECT
Please contact me if you would like to use this in a project. We can discuss the details.