Well, it's about time I put out another update, considering how shit I am at dealing with smaller problems and just letting them snowball into more and more procrastination and ANYWAY. These are some ideas that would fit into the broad, cartoony, darkly humorous but colorful setting of JB and Dax (some of which may even be in the pilot), with numbered signs so that you know what I'm referring to in these descriptions:
1) A rough thumbnail of a poster, complete with some old timey cheesy dialogue and things going not quite as they actually do in the scene it represents.
2) Another rough thumbnail for a poster, this time as a dialogue-free non-scene that might have happened somewhere between a couple scenes that are actually canonical.
3) An alternative action shot of the scene seen in point 1. I much prefer the way the bear looks here, but the whole image is decidedly horizontal, which wouldn't work as a cover page.
4) A possible costume redesign for Dax. He'd eventually have to ditch that old t-shirt and jeans and get some native clothes, plus I had a thought for some magic gloves that block things and zap things, that could add some flair to the action.
5) Well, if Dax is gonna have a thingy that turns him into a superhero, then the other titular character should too, eh? Since he's such a round shape, he can turtle his limbs back into his shell in order to tirespin around like Sonic.
6) Rough version of the title illustration.
7) Angela. <3 This is a character that came about through just a sketchbook page's worth of fiddling about a concept. I wanted to see what I could do with a mysterious, blank-expression-ed, sexy floating girl. Unlike a ghost though, Angela can remain legitimately sexy because, you know, she's not dead. Alternate skinny Angela down at the bottom probably won't be featured.
8) Cocoa Khan - they say that his gum is infused with chocolaty flavor, and Brown Dye #4. The ruling class of the Candy Khanate are kind of like a cross between Ghengis-era Mongols and American metal heads and bikers. And, unless JBnD is the pilot that'll become a series (first), that's all I'll say about that.
I know this picture is really ugly. I just came off of giving up trying to color things physically, and didn't really clean up this page from my sketchbook very much before scanning it. Also, didn't add shadows or fix up outlines in the original inking process, and YEAH OKAY IT'S JUST PLAIN UGLY. It's not a poster or page, so I'm willing to leave it at that.
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!