Newgrounds Background Image Theme

pollyanoid just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ancient vs Futuristic


This piece is mostly inspired by Jeff Wayne's "The War of the Worlds" musical and the artwork that accompanies that album.
I am quite happy with how it came out considering i mostly draw flat sketches without any colour lighting or tone. 99% is done on my galaxy note 3 using the Sketchbook pro app and the remaining 1% done in photoshop.
This is my first time entering one of Jazza,s challenges of the month and i've had a great time challenging myself on this.

Log in / sign up to vote & review!

Newgrounds accounts are free and registered users see fewer ads!

It looks as though you have two conflicting scenes here the one on the left is decent but the one on the right has a really good angle and distance from has more impact. They both look like different images not the same. I really like it though, the fogginess of the moon the lighting on the stone castle and the chains, all are really good.

Dnots responds:

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm not sure if its a perspective issue or just a strange composition that causes it to look like two separate images. The intention was that the castle is on a mountain/hill with the scene on the right occurring at the bottom of the mountain in a field off in the distance.

Dnots has not been scouted yet.

Browse undiscovered artists if you'd like to help scout talent!

Credits & Info

Waiting for 4 more votes

May 24, 2015
6:38 AM EDT
File Info
1899 x 1065 px
194.3 KB

You might also enjoy...

Licensing Terms

You are free to copy, distribute and transmit this work under the following conditions:

You must give credit to the artist.

* Please consider sharing revenue!