Newgrounds API Terms of Service
I. Your Acceptance
BY USING AND/OR VISITING THE API TOOLS available through the Newgrounds.com domain name, the "Newgrounds Website", the "NG Website", or "Website"), YOU SIGNIFY YOUR ASSENT TO THESE SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (the "Newgrounds API Terms of Service"), THE OVERALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (published at http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use
), THE REVENUE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (published at http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/revenue-terms-and-conditions
AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF NEWGROUNDS'S PRIVACY NOTICE (published at http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/privacy-policy
), AND WHICH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. If you do not agree to any of these terms, then please do not use the Newgrounds API.
II. API Tools and Services
Newgrounds, Inc. ("Newgrounds") has developed the Newgrounds API as a set of tools and services for use by developers of games and other interactive media. These tools are available through the Newgrounds Website. API Interfaces are available via downloads on the Website. API Services are hosted and maintained by Newgrounds through the newgrounds.com and ngads.com domains.
Newgrounds reserves the right to modify or cancel, temporarily or permanently, any or all of these API Tools and Services (or any part thereof) without notice. You agree that Newgrounds, or its affiliates, shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
III. Modifications to This Agreement
NEWGROUNDS RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BY POSTING A NOTICE ON THE WEBSITE, OR BY SENDING YOU A NOTICE VIA EMAIL. You shall be responsible for familiarizing yourself with any such modifications, which shall be effective at the time it is posted on the Website, or sent to you. Continued use of the API Tools after any agreement modifications constitutes your acceptance of the new terms and conditions of this Agreement. All agreements and legal notices published by Newgrounds on the Website shall constitute the entire Agreement between you and Newgrounds concerning these services.
By using these tools and services you hereby certify that you are:
- Over the age of 18 and have the legal capacity to agree to these conditions - or - over the age of 13 and have the legal capacity to agree to these terms through authorization of your legal parent or guardian - or - you are an individual entering into this agreement on behalf of an entity an are legally authorized to bind this entity to this agreement.
- All registration information associated with your Newgrounds User Account is accurate and up-to-date.
- You will maintain this registration information and keep it up-to-date.
- Your use of these Tools and Services is not in violation of any applicable laws, domestic or international.
IV. Access to Tools and Services
Newgrounds hereby grants you access to use these Tools and Services providing:
- You provide all equipment and software required to access and utilize the Tools and Services.
- You do not alter the functionality of these tools and services without consent from Newgrounds.
- You do not distribute the API Tools without prior consent from Newgrounds.
- You do not exploit the tools for activities such as cheating, spam, viruses or any other harmful/unethical reason (as determined by the discretion of Newgrounds).
- You do not attempt to use the Tools to access Services associated with another user without their consent.
- You do not harvest or collect any personal data from those who would use your application.
- You understand that Newgrounds retains the right to discontinue your access to the Tools and Services for any reason without notice.
- You understand that Newgrounds may, but is not required to, provide support for these Tools and Services.
- You understand that use of revenue generating Tools and Services may require agreement to additional terms and conditions.
- You understand Newgrounds is not responsible for content created by users of your application.
- You understand that Newgrounds is not responsible for any security exploits that may be abused in your application.
Newgrounds reserves the right in its sole discretion to block access or discontinue services (blacklist) to offenders, and to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Newgrounds' sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
Some tools may utilize services provided by third parties. By using these tools you agree to, and are bound by, the terms and conditions of these third parties and can not hold Newgrounds responsible for any violations you may incur from these agreements.