Return to Top ^
Site moderators (also known as "mods") help maintain select areas of the site, generally making sure that members of the NG community are somewhat polite, and police the site for stolen content.
DO NOT ASK TO BE A MOD! Users who are polite, intelligent and helpful will receive personal invites when the time arises that we need more mods. Asking to be a mod is a quick way to NOT become a mod.
For moderators enforce the Forum rules
and can lock threads, delete threads, posts, signatures or signature pictures, and ban users. When a user is banned from the forums it only affects his posting privileges; the rest of NG is still accessible.
Game and Movie Moderators
Game and movie moderators enforce the Game and Movie Guidelines
and update tags and genres to properly categorize content.
Audio moderators enforce the Audio Guidelines
, and update tags and genres to properly categorize content.
Review moderators enforce the review guidelines
, and judge whether reviews flagged as abusive should be deleted or not.
Art moderators review art that has been reported for being stolen, offensive, or in violation of other Art Portal rules.
The current art portal moderators are:
API moderators enforce the API guidelines
and can remove medals from games and movies.
In addition to the human moderators, we have developed several bots who automate many of the tasks that would be too hard for a human to perform on a regular basis. If you are contacted by a bot who isn't on this list, it's a fake.
- Picks the daily Flash Portal winners and announces them on the front page every day, and removes unworthy submissions from the site with his BLAM cannon.
- Sorts and ranks Audio files submitted to the Audio Portal, and picks and highlights weekly winners.
- Creates, validates, and ranks user accounts.
- Assists site moderators by notifying users of bans and removals regarding forum posts and submission reviews.
- Helps users filter and sort Art Portal submissions, picks each day's winning works of art.