If you aren't making your own original music and need music for your games or animation, you can't simply download your favorite song from the radio and use it. You need to find music from an artist who grants you permission to use it, or else find free-to-use music from a royalty free or no copyright source.
Here is a list of resources. Many still ask that you credit the source of the music in your work - which you should be doing anyway. When uploading music to NG, use the Credits feature to credit each individual artist, with links to their site. This makes it easier for our mod team to know your music is legit.
NG Audio Portal
- Most musicians on NG will let you use their music if you ask them. Just be sure their song isn't a remix or cover of someone else's song - you can ask them that too to confirm.
- Kevin MacLeod's great archive of royalty free music.
- A collection of royalty free music you can browse by composer, performer, instrument, form and time period.
Free Music Archive
- An archive of free music.
- Stock audio library with royalty free music and sound effects.
- Royalty free music.
YouTube Sound Library
- YouTube's collection of royalty free music.
- Collection of music released under Creative Commons License 3.0 (whenever you see that, it means it's free with no royalties).
- Josh's collection of music he's made that you can use freely, just credit him.
- Collection of royalty free music, some totally free and others with a one-time purchase fee.
- Royalty free music that requires a one-time purchase fee.
- A YouTube channel with copyright free music.