Newgrounds Flash API
These pages are a work in progress.
The Newgrounds Flash API is a set of tools that let developers earn revenue, protect their work, and integrate their games with the Newgrounds community.
The API has lots of cool features, including:
- Flash ads, to earn revenue from your game or movie
- Site-locking, to control where your game is played
- Version control, to forward users to the newest version of your game
- Medals, for players to earn with their Newgrounds account
- Scoreboards, for players to compete for a top spot
- Save files, to store game data to a Newgrounds account
- File sharing, to let users share their content with others
The latest API packages are available in the API Tools section of a project in your Projects page
The following tutorials are designed for beginners and will help you to quickly use the Newgrounds API in your project.
Version 3 of our API supports HTML5!
Version 3 of our API supports Unity!
Stencyl users can also use our API!
Construct 2 Implementation
There's also an NG API plugin for Construct 2!
Game Maker Implementation
There's also an NG API extension for Game Maker!