Newgrounds Flash API
These pages are a work in progress.
The Newgrounds Flash API is a set of tools that let developers earn revenue, protect their work, and integrate their games with the Newgrounds community.
The API has lots of cool features, including:
- Flash ads, to earn revenue from your game or movie
- Site-locking, to control where your game is played
- Version control, to forward users to the newest version of your game
- Medals, for players to earn with their Newgrounds account
- Scoreboards, for players to compete for a top spot
- Save files, to store game data to a Newgrounds account
- File sharing, to let users share their content with others
The latest API packages are available in the API Tools section of a project in your Projects page
The following tutorials are designed for beginners and will help you to quickly use the Newgrounds API in your project.
NutcaseNightmare has made an HTML5 version of our API!
Coolboyman has made a Unity3D version of our API!
Stencyl users can also use our API!
Construct 2 Implementation
There's also an NG API plugin for Construct 2!
Game Maker Implementation
There's also an NG API extension for Game Maker!