Newgrounds takes great pride in offering our users revenue sharing opportunities. We do this by working with our advertising partners to track earnings on a per-project basis.
In order to best track how our users earn their revenue, we generate tracking ids for each submission. These IDs are usually the ID of the submission, suffixed by a 2-digit code representing the type of ad.
We can include these IDs in any ad embed code our partners provide so they can track earning statistics on their systems.
In addition to sharing revenue with our users, we also provide them with earnings statistics. We do this during the following timeframes:
- Statistics for the current date are pulled and updated.
Once Per Day
- Final Statistics for the previous day are pulled and updated.
The First of a New Month
- Final Statistics for the previous month are pulled and updated. Statistics for the NET30 month (2 months before current) are also pulled and updated to allow for any audits that may have occurred.
These statistics should be available to our servers to download using a unique token or login to identify our publisher account, and parameters for requesting any of the above periods.
Feeds should contain the following statistics for each tracking id on a single line:
- tracking_id - The tracking id as passed in the ad embed.
- impressions - The number of ad impressions generated by this id.
- earnings - The total earnings for this tracked id.
Feeds should be in an easily parse-able format such as CSV, JSON or XML (JSON is ideal). Variable names can vary as needed.
Because these feeds can be quite large and database intensive, any advertisers have taken to caching them in advance to prevent request timeouts.