Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
You wake up in a small village with a cataclysmic storm soon to arrive. Will you be able to survive it unscathed?
A short adventure with 3 different endings to unlock.
All art, programming and music was done by me. Made with help from the incredible Fungus plugin for Unity.
Font used: Abscissa Regular by Tepid Monkey Fonts
I liked the game and I enjoyed my time playing it.
The scaling or expectations of the skills points were a bit confusing. Is 7 charisma enough to convince someone to do something? Is 13 strength enough to move boulders? Without scale, it's hard to make good decisions.
It was a very nice story, but long enough that I'm not sure if I'd want to play again to see how different choices would have worked out.
Throughout the later half of the game, I couldn't stop thinking though: why don't they all just hide in the mines during the blizzard?
I liked all your games so far, but I really think you should focus on story and not on gameplay, the previous platformer was lacking and the game could have done fine without it. And here you tried a SIM game, that is also lacking.
Sorry if this comes as harsh, but I like your work, and I think focusing on story and ambient could make something great.
Nonetheless a couple of points in the SIM aspect I would address:
- Add backstory to the main character
- Events for the workplace so it isn't repetitive
- Give a check of why and event failed or succeeded
- Personally I would get rid of the numbers and add perks, like if going to infirmary 3 times makes you able to cure a person.
Very good atmosphere - I like the sounds of a warm fire when ciold wind blows outside.
Decent story, but the fact that every NPC was a goodie goodie got on my nerves - If you want to create a truly great story you must learn to make imperfect human beings as characers.
The gameplay is original but somewhat limited in it's potential, once you realize how to play it becomes too easy.
All you have to do is choose the dialog options that make you using your best stat over a weaker stat. This makes all the stats basicly the same and arbitrary. Game is too easy once you understand what to do and too frustrating before you understand what to do.
Interesting concept but needs to be refined and thought over.
I really like the game. It has a good story and the characters are nice :)
Could`ve been better.
Sorry for it, but I can`t play worse if I already did the best, so I have seen one ending only. Game is short one, and I forgot some story 2 hours after. I suppose that there is a plenty of room to improve.
- there IS a story
- people you contact with are characters - with their own thoughts and opinions and such.
- atmospheric, job well done for me.
What`s not so: (mixed "wrong", "uncertain" and "to improve")
- setting is not as evident for a start as it needed to be to understand more. There is a difference in "I am lost" between "No signal and civilization", "Steel cannot protect from fear" and, say, "Something is blocking my powers".
- some screens with nothing on background and some placeholders (like "We talked and talked"), pointing at an idea that game is not complete or is different from what it was on a blueprint.
- need more life for the village. For the others who live here too. You know, the people who exists for now as words only. When they crying, or angre, or inspired - it is not enough to say only "They are inspired". Main character stands next to them, but we don't see.
- And it is impotant to show it because of goal of the game (chief tells about it ingame).
- nothing changes in locations you are allowed to visit. Reinforced structures, or fulled storage, or something - no outer effect at all. Sadly. Point about the other people belongs here, too.
- make events random and more of them? Connected to your`s activities? It is strange when somebody (say so) ask you to help in forestry when you don`t have any skills of it and weak and never did before... and you automatically agrees... and takes what you deserves for it.
- main character is shady one person, but only to player, not to the world. It`s not that bad, it has it`s own profits, but, maybe, it`s good to make a short story of some variants, which gives you a starting skills and simple history?
- job is SO ordinary and predictable. Sadly.
I think it can be improved highly. Very highly. So far, it`s enough for 3.5 for me.
3D Action Driving Game
A paranormal curse is killing students at a high school...and you're next.
Help CrazyDad turn off a pesky neon sign or he’ll go crazy!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.