Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
----This game was made for the Ludum Dare 35 by one guy----
"There was a time when I cared about where the things I own came from. When did I change? What shaped me into a different person?"
A little art game about the life of a factory worker. Make shoes as fast as you can until management is satisfied with your work!
Is this possible to finish with some clicker bot?
Not really :(
This was not pleasant at all :( I felt stressed and I never had enough time to do it correctly. I became angry but the I didt want to give up and even when I tried my best it was not good enough. This game is depressing as fuck. "Work until you die and always work hard" - Fay
I'd like to give a better score because I think the game is pretty cool, but it has some problems.
- Sometimes when I click on a specific layer (and I am dragging it across the screen), it doesn't appear in front of all of the layers, forcing me to click it again to fix this. When you get pretty far in the game, this can potentially cost you a finger.
- Sometimes I'll assemble a shoe perfectly (the fly tells me so) and yet the timer will still count down to zero if there is extra time (I don't know if you put that in on purpose to make people second guess themselves, but it was a little annoying).
- Often times, all the layers are so close to the shoe that it's difficult to know if you are aligning them correctly. Usually the top of the shoe is not covered so you can use this as a reference, but it's a lot tougher than using the heel of the shoe (which is what I do) so I'm kind of torn on this one.
- One time, on the third shoe, the conveyer belt didn't even stop (or it barely stopped) and the fly told me I did it wrong. I didn't even touch the shoe and a time limit was not given and I got one of my fingers cut off. I'm guessing I was given a time limit of zero to work on the shoe (this glitch came about from me waiting a long time to finish the first two shoes, to see if it would give me more time in the next one).
- I definitely see from the increasing difficulty that you are trying to demonstrate the stress of the situation, but trying to line up the pixel on a shoe when you have five seconds is insane. Is there a way to avoid getting down to five seconds (maybe by taking longer during the beginning, the amount of time given will go down slower because the managers figure you need more time to complete the job).
Still, I like the game and hope to see more from you in the future.
Dunno how people can give this low rating... I rated this highly in the LD site and I am rating it highly here... A game with a message is rare to find nowadays, and especially one that gets it across so well.
Starts game: "I dedicated this game to myself, to remember that I shouldn't look the other way" Maybe you aren't trying to act pretentious, but this certainly makes it seem that way.
On top of a "stellar" intro, there's nothing interesting about the gameplay. And if you were trying to get a message across, it didn't work for me.
"Oh no, there goes my hand. Who would have guessed a game about sweatshops would end with me not being able to keep up/not meet a quota."
I voted your review has helpful! You are rigth! I'm the worst person of the world. :(
Snake Re-imagined And Taken To The 3rd Dimension!
Be a badass and go on an epic kung fu quest!
Learn puppet reptile's best ABCs in this physics-driven interactive storybook
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.