Update, 23 July 2014:
* Aiming is a bit easier now :)
Update, 22 July 2014:
* Post jam update to wrap this little game up. Some things have been completely changed, so it plays a bit differently now!
* Improved AI: Although still thick as cottage cheese, at least now the AI is able to think a few commands ahead, will prioritise certain commands and desires, and will try a bit harder to score goals. Sometimes the opponent might even try to sabotage your own moves.
* New Command: Kick. Kick is now a normal movement command rather than a random powerup. Hopefully this will give you a bit more control over what's happening and make the game less luck-based.
* New Command: Stop. Makes a robot stop on that tile. It will start moving in the next turn. Good for defense.
* New Powerup: Goal shield. This powerup will close your goal for three rounds. Very good for defense.
* New Powerup: Command Bonus. Gives you one more command to place each turn (max 5). Resets when someone scores a goal.
* Graphics: Added splash screen, transitions, tidied up main menu screen. Reticule showing when you are over an illegal tile.
* Audio controls added to main menu.
* Various bug fixes.
Roboduck Football 2030 is a turn-based future football simulator. Play against the CPU or go head to head against a mate in the highly anticipated two player mode (hotseat).
You could potentially experience the following:
- Exciting (questionable) AI decisions!
- Joyfully passing the mouse between you when playing two player mode, because no other control methods were implemented!
- Space background!
- Sound and music!
- Confusing powerups!
PS. This is a game jam game and was made pretty quickly. I expect it to have some bugs and problems, but would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks for playing!