Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
511 is a puzzle game similar to 2048, but played on a 3×3 grid.
Move up, down, left, right using arrows and match equal coins.
The objective is to reach the maximum possible score of 511.
NICE COPY OF 2048 BUT HOW ABOUT A LITTLE MORE SPACE FOR MOVES THANKS.
- Everything fits the theme well, and the use of coins makes the numbers pleasantly easy to read
- Just one (unobtrusive) effect that can be disabled at any time
- What the 'average score with best play' hint means is beyond me
- When a game ends, I would not repeat the score (it is already shown on top of the screen)
- I would make the game over message more prominent (maybe at the center of the grid ?)
- After I ask for a hint, the 'get hint' button disappears during the next turn: is this by design ?
- The 'get hint' button does not provide a proper hint: it should assist the player with making the best decision, but all it does is show the possible directions (something that could be always visible instead of being shown by request)
- Smooth as silk
- Nothing to report after many playthroughs
- A nice and challenging game (my hi-score is 71)
Thank you for that feedback.
> What the 'average score with best play' hint means is beyond me
I should explain it within the application.
"Average score with best play" tells the score of the position when playing optimally ("best play"). It is "average score", because after each move a new coin appears in a random position - the score is averaged over all possible draws.
The purpose of that message is to tell the player exactly when he is losing the game, and when he still has a chance.
The game was completely solved, and 35% of all positions are won - meaning that, when playing optimally, the score 511 will always be reached independently of how the random coins are drawn.
> After I ask for a hint, the 'get hint' button disappears during the next turn: is this by design ?
Yes. I want to give hints no more often than every two moves. Perhaps, instead of removing the button, I should just disable it, end enable after the next move.
>The 'get hint' button does not provide a proper hint: it should assist the player with making the best decision, but all it does is show the possible directions (something that could be always visible instead of being shown by request)
"Get hint" works correctly, just at the beginning of the game almost all moves are optimal - they do not lose the game. The hint button becomes very useful later in the game.
This is an interesting, addictive, and frustrating game. An interesting combination but not the worse (nor best) I've seen.
An epic, colorful and fast-paced arcade game
Make your way to the next level by creating constellations!
bullet hell with a unique absorb mechanic
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.