Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
My First HTML5 Game made for a programming class.
J - Action
K - Switch Weapon
Protip: If you're having trouble, you should try playing in another window (top right button in NG) :wink: :wink:
That was well made I really like the dogg. I couldn't figure out how to beat the with.
The game as a whole has potential but the framework needs some changes, especially the weird controls (j+k keys).
1. Diagonal movement looks like it's sqrt2 times faster than regular movement.
2. In my browser (chrome), there's this weird white frame around the game with an awkward fps meter in the upper left with the title of the game, I don't think that these are necessary.
3. The UI needs some work, you should be able to advance dialogue through mouse clicking or pressing any key. Some directional text would be nice too ("Follow the paths").
4. The controls should allow for some options, eg. press left mouse to attack, press spacebar to attack, use arrow keys to move, etc.
5. A save state would be nice. Even if you intend the game to be played with only one life, at least add a restart button (hitting f5 isn't really a restart).
6. Animations/art don't really matter if the game is fun, they are good enough as is IMO.
First rule of web : test it in more than just one browser.
Rule of gaming : some explanations on skipping texts could be great.
I agree, you just need to follow the path you'll get a pet and in the third area there will be lots of mobs... I really like where it is going you could make this an RPG game Secretmapper, it still needs a lot of improving as a project it is perfect!
Thanks for the kind words :3
There are enemies to kill, you just got to explore for more then 30 seconds to find them.This is actually not that bad,definitely needs some work though like ways to restore hp, and maybe some direction at start
A retro-inspired 2D Action RPG set in the distant future (DEMO)
Travel the world on an epic shark lifting adventure!
What happens after the final boss is defeated?
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.