Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Compete against the computer to make delicous barbecues. Choose the correct food to finish your barbecue before your opponent does.
This is a simple match game that unfortunately doesn't have the best A.I. as you see it simply scroll through each selection, which kind of makes it pointless, music gets annoying since it loops 4 or five notes over and over again and the only thing that i can give the game credit for is that it at least makes the choices easy to differentiate for the matching process.
Simple, yet simple. A few suggestions:
1) Make the music slightly less repetitive. Generally, the rule is that the player shouldn't have to listen to the EXACT same thing more than 3 times in a row, and at the end of the loop, there's 4 iterations. And, of course, the track could stand to be longer.
2) The food is confusing. It should look the same on the skewer as off the skewer. The girl who puts stuff on the skewer shouldn't also have to cut it. In a real-life situation, the food would already be cut. All this really does is confuses the player.
3) Speaking of looks, both of these girls look horrid. They look bad in that, "Oh, look at me! I'm so pretty! This mascara is sure to get all the boys!" kind of way. I hate that. The main character looks worse than the antagonist, and for the first three playthroughs I actually tried to play as the girl on the left, because I thought the arrows were for some kind of tutorial. Try lightening the protagonist's eyelashes by about 18 shades so that her hair actually matches her hair.
4) Speaking of the fact that the antagonist is on the left, that really shouldn't be. Have you ever played a turn-based RPG/strategy game? The hero is ALWAYS on the left. Always. Bad guy go on right. Good guy go on left. It's that simple.
5) Speaking of simplicity: gameplay. You say "Next Level" as though the antagonist will be more difficult or--at the very least--look different. This is not the case. Also, why is the job entirely "put the food on the skewer?" You don't have to cook it, you don't have to wash it, all you have to do is select the stuff before the computer does. If you're actually going to construct the kabob on a 450-degree surface, at least make the poor girl have to use it.
Anyway, that's what I've got so far. It has potential, but certainly doesn't live up to it. It's nothing too new or interesting. Hence, 2 stars.
Unlock all of us!
As DD's story comes to a close, another looms from the not-so-distant shadows....
Blast at rockets with awesome graphics and music
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.