Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Log in to save your medals! Don't have an account? Create one for free!
(This game is a tribute to Gunstar Heroes and all the classics that my favourite game company Treasure made. It's also got little shout outs to over games as well.)
Yes, I know stuff is missing and some stuff could be done better, but it's just a little flash project I wanted to really do for myself. It's a mix between, Gunstar, Megaman and Contra.)
(If you like this game, or any classic 16 bit, run 'n' gun games, please help me fund a fully featured game through Kickstarter!)
http://www.kickstarter.co m/projects/sinclairian/tw in-gunners
(COLLECT A WEAPON/HEALTH)
Stand over the item and press the down key.
(QUIT BACK TO LEVEL SELECT)
Press the backspace key.
Well, it's finally done. I know it's a bit late but I ran into some issues like you do. Anyway it's all there, four big levels, lots of bosses and some retro action sprinkled on top.
It's pretty difficult but there is unlimited continues to counter balance that aspect. I've added medals and extras to unlock for you peeps who enjoy that sort of thing.
It's a big, CPU heavy game, so if you're experiencing lag, you can download the standalone offline exe for free. (You could also resize the game by 2x to it's native 320x224 resolution.)
Here is the stand-alone:
Anyway, I hope you like it, it took a while to make and I have put a lot of effort into this, (about four months worth really.) So yeah, hope you enjoy.
Yay for gunstar heroes! could be slightly improved though.
Quite similar to Gunstar Heroes in some ways, wich i enjoy. Good game
This was fun, Seems like you were inspired by sonic too. The underwater boss was a dead ringer for one of the bosses in sonic except he had those globby things that weigh you down.
Not that it's really important, this game is more or less of a tribute anyways. It's fun, but I agree with some people about the flaws, mostly control mapping and diagonal shooting, would have made some of those boss fights far less... suicidal. You don't need to worry about laying down, if you can't jump an enemy you're playing the wrong kind of game, though I must admit ducking would add a little more strategy. All in all a great little shooter, 4/5.
The game is a great concept, a ver well made run and gun shooter only flaws it haves
1.you only get health after you beat a boss which is very annoying. Because after you die in the next level you lose your gun power up which is useful for 1-2 for blowing up the blocks in your path
2. Not able to have your character lay down and shoot left, right, and up which I would love since it's very useful like they had it in contra even metal slug when shooting at enemies who come fly directly at you
3. No diagonal shooting. like Phr3ak said it needs that in the game
4. The flamethrower powerup haves a small glitch. I noticed that you can not run or move left or right even jump when you are shooting with that power up. you're pretty much stuck standing nable to move.
5. Make the levels longer and make check point areas if you die when you are close to the boss.
6. Also, anothe thing phr3ak said no control remaping which would be great to hae if people aren't happy with the control scheme.
7. Lastly, The game doesn't provide differnet difficulties such as, easy, normal, hard, and very hard and no way of pause the game or saving levels.
Other then those things it's a really good game and I would love to see an update off this
The concept was good, a run and gun old fashioned shooter with constant level ups and simple mechanics. Unfortunately, while the first level seemed promising, some glitches and minor mistakes made it unbelievably frustrating at times.
Check your knowledge with fun about fine arts
Control bullets with your mind
Unlock and upgrade vehicles and drive your way through zombie hordes in order to escape.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.