Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Log in to save your medals! Don't have an account? Create one for free!
A Rocket Boots Action Game where you experience the last seconds of a guy in rocket boots who gets thrown out of a plane. Over and over again. It's like Groundhog Day with rocket boots, kids!
Background Image and Boots by Eduard Anton http://www.eduardanton.de
- Avoid the balloons (red arrow)
- Collect coins (yellow arrow)
- Press space bar to activate/deactivate your rocket boots and slow your fall for a good landing
This game is pretty fun once you truly know what you are doing.
One day I will get the 500 deaths and 99 landings..one day..one day..*shakes fist at sky*
This games was good but Afther you get git by a balloon you cant take player's control again, even with time loops, the player should be able to control again the man afther a few seconds
3 (and a half 'cuz I'm nice).
Let's go positive first:
-The game is fluid
-Randomization of levels and pursuit for time warps lead to constantly changing game difficulty and fun
-Intuitive. If someone doesn't understand the game then they aren't paying attention and if they are, they can improve easily.
Now the negative:
-The game design is very deceitful whether or not it was on purpose.
1. You can't actually go up with your rocket boots at all. This may seem minor but it does have an impact on player control and movement as well as c'mon man they are rocket boots. If the game was only going to be slowing down your character then ditch the rocket boots and have him in a squirrel suit or something.
2. The warning arrows/items show up on and way too close to the bottom! It gives players the false impression that there is space to collect these items and land as well. There have been plenty of times where I wasn't even able to see the balloons/coins by the time I was landing. Coding for the warnings to stop if the balloons are unreachable/it can't spawn a full rack of coins AND/OR the spawns to stop if the balloons are past the ground/it can't spawn an entire rack of coins is necessary to help the player have an intuitive feeling of where the ground is. It is because a lot of playing this game is intuitive that you are doing the players a disservice by having this problem.
-The game rewards player failure/ error.
1. 500 fatalities metal. Metals like these make me feel like games haven't been play tested at all. I got all of the other metals AND boosted deaths for a good 10-15 minutes AND I still don't have this metal. If you are going to reward player failure (which I wouldn't recommend anyways) WHY would you make it unobtainable through normal play? Playing this game to fail isn't fun so don't incentivize players to do so. All of my disappoints.
2. Time jumping even if you are ballooned. This doesn't just doesn't make sense. You are preventing a player who failed to try again and you are rewarding them with extra points. This is especially confusing to those new to the game who haven't quite figured out all the mechanics of the game yet. A few solutions to this include but are not limited to: disabling time warp for ballooned players, allowing ballooned players to regain control after time warp (even though I don't like it, this one makes the most sense for consistency because you are going back in time!), and having a reset/instant death button, not just q to quit to main screen (wouldn't recommend because it interferes with fluidity of the game but it works. ) I sincerely believe this game would be 4+ if you fix(ed) this. Hope that you do.
-No indicator for approaching time warp. This would help player decisions regarding when to slow down and if they want to land.
And finally a few neutral items:
-Not much change in the background (But it does stay true to the title "A Pair Of Rocket Boots In A Clear Blue Sky")
-Instructions in the description (Boooo!)
-Music choice fits whimsical flying mood but wouldn't an option for some intense action music work as well?
Thanks for the game!
Mediocre. 2 stars for the fluidity.
An indirect Sequel to "The Artist" shows the life of the salaryman
Cornelius & Toots are back, and a Haunted House Ride seems a little spookier than usual!
this one isn't funny
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.