Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Make your supreme squad and survive in battlefield as long as you can. Collect loot and upgrade your squad.
Every taken soldier heals you (+ 5HP).
At x10 kill combo you'll get an air-strike.
Interesting game with a lot of sequel potential. First, the good stuff:
1) The controls are responsive and the fact that you can switch between mouse and keyboard really meant a lot to me, since I was playing on a laptop.
2) The gameplay is very reminiscent of Cannon Fodder, but the survival nature of the game and added features make it original enough to stand on its own.
3) The interface is easy to read and doesn't clutter up the main game window.
4) Audio is a fine balance, the sounds are nice notifications without being overly distracting from all the shooting.
5) I like what you did with the visual style of the game characters and enemies, although they look a bit generic.
And now the bad:
1) Game balance is a bit bad, heavy gunners outclass every other role by far (for example, 3 gunners can take out a tank much faster than 3 rocketeers, a class made solely to deal with them), snipers are mostly used for scouting out from which direction the enemy troops are coming from and flamethrowers are just horrible (slow projectiles, low range, particle effects of the flames hinder vision from enemy bullets etc.).
2) Air strike is useless as a support power. Killing everyone on the screen while making the whole battlefield a cluttered mess that doesn't destroy bullets makes it much easier to actually lose soldiers than to save them when in a clutch.
3) Soldiers die way too easy, one bullet and they're gone. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can diminish the effect of the upgrade that puts them closer together due to a stray tank missile or something like it (killing 7 or so of my soldiers with just one of those).
4) The commander is useless without any soldiers, especially on later waves where he can't do squat against the armada of oncoming foes.
5) Machine gun guys and shotgunners become obsolete once you unlock the later classes (heavy weapons guy especially).
Suggestions for a sequel (if there is a plan for one in the future):
1) Campaign mode, or if not that, a challenge mode (ex. kill 10 tanks with only snipers or somesuch).
2) Commander upgrades other than health, for making the early game easier and for him to be able to be more independent in the later stages of the game, giving the player a sense of progress.
3) More classes and a different upgrade system for them. For example you get only the assault class in the beginning, which is a guy with a handgun. When you upgrade him once, you get the guy with the AK. Upgrade him and you get heavy weapons guy. You get the picture.
4)More support abilities, like paratrooping reinforcements or reviving all the soldiers that died in the last 10 seconds. I think this would add more depth to the game and attract more people who like different playstyles.
5) The ability to choose which of the reinforcements you want to spawn (with a preferred set minimum). I got that idea when I got the first flamethrower guy (that useless cunt). And speaking of which...
6) Remove flamethrower guy or actually make him useful.
Well that's my 2 cents on this game. While it certainly has its flaws,it also has the potential of becoming something much more than what it currently is. Good luck on your future work, I'll be on the lookout for the sequel of this. Cheers!
I found it hard T_T but other than that I liked it
The coin sound is from Metal Slug, right? :D
Fun. Upgrade your troops and their proximity til your a rampaging shitstorm of death. Makes gives you more of a challenge without much health, but it's more fun.
pretty cool id like to see another
Snake Re-imagined And Taken To The 3rd Dimension!
Be a badass and go on an epic kung fu quest!
Learn puppet reptile's best ABCs in this physics-driven interactive storybook
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.