Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Log in to save your medals! Don't have an account? Create one for free!
The story of a man and a spirit trapped on the Earth. Embark on a journey to help the spirit get to the afterlife.
Arrow keys: Move
Z: Interact with objects and advance text
X: Attack (when you can)
V: Change volume
~!~Save your game from the pause menu~!~
~August 18th 2012~
* Fixed the bug where the boss could leave and never return.
* Potentially fixed the blue one-eyed enemies going into solid tiles.
-July 31st 2012~
* Fixed a bug where a door would reset your items to your last save.
* Fixed places where you could walk off screen
* Other small fixes
I thought this game was really well done. It had a very "Zelda-esq" feel to it, which is nice. Though, in the constructive criticism department I might as well make the following suggestions:
1. The weapon swing can be a little slow when it comes to the spitting enemies, and it often results in them hitting you while you're running around attempting to line up a shot. Having him swing the fork like a baseball bat might fix that. Perhaps as an alternative attack rather than straight up replacing the stab motion.
2. Perhaps an ability to upgrade the fork later on? Near the end everything takes multiple hits, and with rooms full of enemies this can be a little on the tedious side. I mean you don't need to one shot kill everything obviously, but a hidden damage upgrade would be a good extra. Especially for a daredevil run.
I managed to find all but one of the hearts. No clue where to look for it. I thought it might be right outside of the shrine amongst the open section of the trees but I couldn't ever find a way past them. Ah well. Good effort, and it played fairly well (if not a tad bit on the difficult side. Though, I'd likely do better with a controller in my hand rather than keyboard controls for this kind of game).
Annyoing that a mouse icon appears, so naturally, I move the mouse, as all other would do, only to have it dissapear 2 screens later - bad programming? Or more like bad thinking??
Also, the "humor"... valley isn't really a valley - why would monter drop hearts - why is the weapon in a chest; and other "fun" thing you write to make a bit funny, isn't...
Now with all that said, I like the graphics, good music (very good music!), nice gameplay, but I do miss some more checkpoints.
The cursor appears so that you know you can click the splash screen links. It disappears on the title screen because from there onward there's no use for the mouse whatsoever.
nice. as soon as i started the game i immediately thought. "zelda, a link to the past." think about it it looks VERY similar to it even the hearts...
Greatheart Vzally, Not technically a vally. That cracked me up XD and by the way, excellent game!
I very much enjoyed this game. While it can be considered a flaw with the high difficulty and the restarting of each section of the adventure, the save feature and autosave along with the easy to acquire hearts makes up for it.
Snake Re-imagined And Taken To The 3rd Dimension!
Be a badass and go on an epic kung fu quest!
Learn puppet reptile's best ABCs in this physics-driven interactive storybook
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.