You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Avoid getting blammed!
Basic controls: arrow keys to move, spacebar to shoot.
when you lose it sould look like it got blammed you know what it looks like when something is blammed
u r really stupid i lost for the first 10 seconds
my prior comment of "blam!" was not a suggestion, but merely ironic satire. don't get so defensive. it doesn't matter what other people think of your stuff, just be glad you got it out there for those that did like it
Game Needs Lots of Work
- The background is too busy, and it takes away from the foreground (all the game's entities, player, enemies, projectiles etc.) Consider using a softer background.
- The flame projectile looks like it is a ripped sprite. I recommend looking up Lost Garden, and checking out some of his legit, free graphics. Also, since your theme is Newgrounds, the flame doesn't fit as a projectile anyway. You'd be better off using a simple orb-like projectile.
- The flame animation is tacky.
Gameplay and Design
- A Flash icon isn't the most appealing graphic for player to look at. Perhaps replace it with a Normal whistle.
- Add some power-ups or special abilities to the player's "ship". You could use some of the EXP icons as items. What's a shooter without special powers at some point in the game? You could even use the bronze, silver, gold, and deity whistles (assuming you considered my previous not) to display the player's ship as it got stronger.
- Add more enemy types with different behaviors. There's the notorious troll face looking thing, which pops up in lots of spam Flashes. Maybe you could even use the garbage whistle as an enemy.
There are also the 0-vote icons for audio and art, too.
- Add health to some enemies, building off the last note, so that they all don't take one hit to destroy.
- Add a delay to the player's firing, so all the projectiles don't come out as an continuous stream.
- When you die, don't just abruptly reset the player.
- Add sound effects for firing, when you hit and destroy an enemy, and when you get hit and destroyed.
- Select a song that isn't so short, so the loop doesn't get monotonous so fast.
- Add the ability to mute the music (and sounds too should you add sounds to a future game).
- Add a HUD that shows lives, and score (assuming you add a scoring system).
- When the game over text appears, don't use bland fonts (times New Roman, etc.). Either (1) find a custom free font, and embed it into your Flash; or (2) draw your own text labels.
- Add the ability to move diagonally. Controls are otherwise solid.
Unless you are really good and confident in your abilities, you should _never_ release your first game to the public. This is the type of work you'd want to upload to your Newgrounds Dump, and invite some friends to look at it first, before releasing.
Best skill, and hope you improve on your game design and coding skills. And YES, it IS a lot of work.
- Ziro out.
The sequel to "Outpost:Haven"
Hunt The Candy!!!
A thrilling rush through cyberspace!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.