Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Dual player arrow firing action game set in an ancient cloud city. Use the ARROW KEYS or W,A,S,D to move. Press SPACE or F to fire an arrow. Try to destroy all enemies!
I think it's safe to say that you have created a successfully fun to play game. I come to this conclusion as it begins very easy; then becomes very challenging - all the while I am having fun - enjoying the music and the artwork. The game physics are smooth but not delicate. making fo easy control - the fact that I'm having fun whilst being terrible at the game suggests this is a well-balanced game.
I think that if you made this in the 80's/early 90's - this'd be a recognised gaming Gem.
Why this game is boring:
I can really see what you were going for here, and I felt the nostalgia that really brought me back to retro platformers like Bubble Bobble and various others. Here are a few things that really set those classic hits apart from Twin Shot.
1. Most of the mechanics were based on the platforms. You had some interesting enemies, but their designs were quite boring. In a cute platformer like this, the enemies should look just as cute too, each with far more defining characteristics. The helmet and shield enemies were a good start. The platform mechanics were really boring.
2. The delay on the arrow shot is not strategic, its just frustrating. Makes hitting enemies while midjump a huge chore, and climbing walls borings.
3. The music is not catchy. Its actually annoying.
4. The powerups weren't interesting. I played through 25 levels to only find flight, health, and invulnerability. More variety and increased frequency would give the game a little more spice and a sense of exploration.
5. The coins aren't rewarding. There is no real justification for collecting them. Only a very limited audience is really interested in getting high scores, and limiting the high score list to be website exclusive is just less incentive for us to go check it out when we're playing from a 3rd party site. The thief stealing coins would've been cool, if I cared about my coins. Take it, I don't care. Could've been cuter and more relevant to the game design if it was fruit and/or candy too.
6. I did quit early because it became too repetitive and boring, so maybe it was only to be seen later in the game, but this game really needed boss battles. Just like, every 10 levels would've been good, just to reassure the player that there is some challenging mechanic to look forward to soon.
Its a good game. The graphics are great. I think the arrow stun idea was pretty neat, playing with two people would be hilarious. It just falls short on being fun and interesting.
i hope this is multiplayer when i live on florida and you guys live somewhere else we can play this game together
This game has some obvious charms but at the same time has many minor stumbles throughout the game that add up. I`d liken it to watching a very adorable play put on by some 3rd graders.
First of all, I love the art in this game. Nitrome always has the artistic department so well handled, it saddens me whenever i see a flash game with this creative sense of style and clear skill mishandled by poor design or controls.
The controls in this game are not impossible to use, but awkward. Like standing on one foot while cooking pancakes. The friction whenever you make a turn is awful and leads me to blaming the game for my missteps rather than my own lack of skill. and the wall climbing is awful. You have to shoot an arrow into the wall during a jump, but you can only jump onto the arrow you just shot if you shot it during the middle period of your jump which zips by quicker than Lance Armstrong`s hyper oxygenated blood.
The gameplay itself I also found to be a bit mundane. While fun, it never finds the correct mixture of mechanics to actually make itself a 100% enjoyable experience. I`ll admit some parts were genuinely pretty cool, like the feeling when you peg an enemy on your first arrow from half a map away, but these moments are made pointless when you can waltz basically anywhere in the screen and hit an enemy point blank. The enemies were where i was especially let down. Whenever i saw a new sprite i thought ``Wow! That guy looks pretty awesome, I wonder what he does?" which always lead to "Oh...he just takes more hits to kill and moves a bit faster".
Though this game was a bit hard to play it did have some high points, I hope that for the next game if you make something like this would be to improve the controls and also to make the levels feel a bit more rewarding and challenging.
ANIME-Y HIGHSCHOOL STUPID OTAKU ADVENTURE ACTION EXPLOSIONS YAY
The most mixed MMA-simulator ever!
Fighting Puzzle! Defeat the enemy using your brain!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.