Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
The girl is frightened, please save her life! Stop the execution by guessing the hidden word. Be careful, you have only few attempts!
!!!WARNING MEGA POST FOLLOWS!!!
Polished, decent graphics, animations, and sounds. Definitely high enough quality to stay on NewGrounds.
* It's hangman, nothing real original. the couple of times I played it I easily guessed the word (though I'm somewhat good at hangman and word puzzles in general).
* Beginning advertisement - Really? This is a simple game that if you know what you're doing would take you less than a week of serious development. Probably the more difficult portion would be getting the art and sound assets. You're going to muck it up by playing advertisements?
(NOTE: It could be that NG forces this on all its submissions, if so then ignore that comment, but it appears the ads are coming from mochimedia)
2 - The tool tip for voting 2 says it all. 'Nothing too new or interesting'
* Add in a difficulty setting which sets how many letters the word is (ie easy= 4-5 letters, normal = 6-8 letters, hard 9+ letters). Though the number of letters doesn't always mean it will be harder to guess (especially if there are repeated characters). Another way to up the difficulty is to select words that don't use common letters like RSTNLE (Wheel of Fortune anyone?). For a more in depth analysis look up 'Letter Frequency' on Wikipedia.
* Allow the player to use the keyboard to input letters, instead of forcing them to click on the letters on the board. In general having multiple ways for the user to interact is a good idea (eg lots of games support both arrow keys and WASD controls)
* Possibly a scoring system based on how long it takes you to guess a word. Though to me scoring doesn't improve much in a game, but there are people that like to get competitive.
* Penalty if you take too long to guess a letter you 'lose' an attempt (would need a pause button if you do this however, and as such the pause screen should hide the correct letters and those that have been chosen or the penalty of it becomes moot since they can pause and take all the time they want).
* More of an observation than a suggestion: You seem to have set up a sort of story-line / background. While this is better than just saying 'Its hangman, you lose if you guess wrong too many times' you don't do anything with the story-line. Its like having a story-line on bejeweled or even a vertical shooter at the beginning, but nothing more as you progress. That said, even if there is story progression on those types of games it usually doesn't add much to the play value.
Nothing too special. Also wish you could get rid of the sobbing because it makes it hard to think.
A bit of a dark concept, but other that that, it's okay.
pretty bad game the words are hard to guess but it still needs a ratingso im giving you 2 stars
This is a creepy, but good version of hangman. My only complaint is that the crying noise gets a little irritating.
Fight LIVE PvP SAMURAI DUELS! Amass Glorious Loot! Wage War!
In this strategy game you should help the Green King to protect his Kingdom from enemy con
An audio dungeon-crawler
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.