Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Challenge your friends and battle your way to the top of the Coliseum rankings in this action-packed Gladiator game !
This game is really fun because i enjoyed it its bloody and i think other people should play it to
Very good RPG, and I actually really liked the music. But as was said before, you shouldn't have to fight the same enemy a number of times to be able to defeat the next enemy. My only question is, where is the Save option?
The game was fun but Colosseum is spelled wrong with bugs me a lot for some reason. The lack of story was a little dissappointing but other than that good job.
First off, this is an excellent submission. Quite easily one of the most satisfying flash games I have ever experienced. The highly polished graphics, fantastic RGP elements and untold amount of equipment combinations create an incredibly enthralling game.
However, as with most games, there are problems:
- The main one for me is the lack of any story. I appreciate that the game is already incredibly complex and in-depth, and to add a complete back story on top would take an inhuman amount of effort, yet the game really does suffer from the lack of fleshing out. There isn't even a quick paragraph at the beginning of the game to explain why your hero is fighting to the death in the Coliseum. You could have had a breif comment from the #1 ranked team in each City, a sarcastic/arrogant jibe aimed at the player. Maybe a few speech bubble coments in battle (like the Sonny series), or even just a display of emotion after your team conquers a town's leaderboard. This really would have helped ease the feeling of repetition in the game.
- Characters develop too slowly. I appreciate that the whole point of an RPG is to gain EXP, level up and grow stronger, and that the best abilities and skills can only be aquired at the latter stages, however, in Sands of the Coliseum, it takes forever to lurn a new ability. For the first 4/5 towns your characters use exactly the same skills, over and over and over and over again without a real feel of any progression (I have been playing for a total of around 10 hours, and my main character has used nothing but Throw in every battle....). Maybe you could add more skills to the tree, or reduce the specific requirements?.
- The amount of lag generated when you log into that GamerSafe third party website is just horrendous.
- Shields are too overpowered in my opinion. I wasn't even 2 hours into the game and I was able to pick up a 45% block rate shield (which becomes insane with the Shield Bash buff added on top). You sholdn't be able to block roughly half of all attacks aimed at you just by equipping a shield, it would make sense if there was a specific stat that increased evasion and you pumped stat points into it, but gaining 50% invincibility just by equipping 1 item just isn't right.
- Adding a second weapon in your off-hand should give a bonus to your normal attack. You are giving up the insanely powerfull defensive capabilities of a shield, but gain no bonus other than ebing able to use the Combo skills which only become REALLY useful when you unlock the 4x ability. The off-hand should add something like 30% overall dmg.
That's all I can think of right now, I hope some of my feedback helps :).
well there is a glitch or something that my team mates attack dead gladiators and not the live ones
Defend your planet against green rabbit and his evil minions.
The path of GemCraft continues, bigger and meaner than ever...
Amazing defense-Idle game with Kittens!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.