Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
[arrows: left and right] Run
[arrow: down] Lay / Sit / Dive under the water
Use arrows combinations to change shooting direction
All controls can be customized in Options.
[IMPORTANT] This is DEMO Version and it contains only ONE Level.
Please, report me about bugs and FPS decreases.
i love it
this shit is hardest
it says "shot" instead of "shoot"
and good job
Love this game, looks and feels like Metroid, yet still if fresh and cool. Nice....
Nice shooter game.
Game design, mechanics, and polish:
- While I get that it's inspired by Contra, I think it's a bit _too_ much like Contra, and would have liked to see some new concepts in terms of mechanics. Basically, it lacks some originality here. In addition to the classic weapons we've all come to like, I would have also liked to see some new weapons. Maybe there's more in the full game? (:
- The sound effect used for the explosion of henchmen could have been a better selection, however.
- The controls were solid, and I like the ability to remap the keys. I would have liked the ability to remap the controls during play, perhaps as an extra menu on the pause menu.
- Your presentation of the various UI was also good.
- I don't agree with all the statistics being monitored and shown at the end of the level, especially the regarding to shooting. This being a shooting game, you're going to be shooting a lot. Also, I don't agree with rating someone's time, especially when you are forced to wait at certain parts, like for the boss to expose itself so you can shoot it. The player has no control over that. I feel like I'm being punished for playing this genre the way I feel it's supposed to be played.
Graphics and sounds:
- The graphics and music are awesome, as were the sound effects. I do sincerely hope that none of the graphics or sounds were obtained from ripped sources, or modified versions of anything ripped.
- No bugs or FPS drops encountered. Performance was good. Using Flash Debug Player, 11.1, Chrome.
- Ziro out.
Thank you for detailed review!
There will be laser gun in next levels. It's much improved comparing to Contra laser, so it can be considered as a new weapon:)
This game takes inspiration from the Contra series, but all levels and enemies will be different as well as the bosses and enemies. But at the same time it pays tribute to the Contra series by using some gameplay elements to make some kind of flashbacks to the player. It's hard for me to explain in english, but you will see for yourself, when the game will be released.
About game statistics: so now i see that some players likes monitoring their statistics, and others don't. I think only way to solve this is to make 2 game modes: play with statistics or without it, just like on NES.
Graphics and animations was drawn by me and I worked really hard to make it look good. And using 8-bit NES color palette makes it much more difficult. And sound effects were made in Famitracker. So as those are 8 bit sounds , you may find them similar to sounds from NES games, because Famitracker simulates NES chip sound.
A CARD BATTLE of magnanimous proportions!
Social Anxiety's a bitch, not anymore.
A little story about a guy named Abo who tries to create the best movie ever!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.