Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
This is a dialogue-heavy puzzle game about people and their habits. It might not be for everyone. Explore strange locales, meet strange people, solve strange puzzles.
Okay.... I feel like an idiot, and I don't know if it's the game glitching out or what, but all I can do on here is turn a lit cigarette. How do I get past that part? I'd give it a good rating if I could actually play it.
I think that people need to be made aware of the double jump. I was stuck on the second screen for a while, until I accidentally figured it out. Other than that, this was a pretty decent game. The smoke effect was good. Now I need a smoke!
Alright lets get down to business this took me a couple hours to beat so I want to be able to properly review it.
1. Gorgeous graphics and beautiful pictures. One of the things that really kept me playing was the amazing storyline and how the drawings synced with the gameplay was elegant.
2. Realistic and believable characters. The characters were wonderful. Their personalities complimented each other and the aspect of real problems added a lot of depth. Someone obsessed with gaming and fantasy, A drug addict, Smoking issues and not being able to get out of a bad relationship. It brought a sense of peace and I really felt like I grew to know them.
3. Twists and surprises, I was not expecting what happened to happen to the old man and had grown very attached to him myself not to mention the main character...it was beautiful, sad...painful a wonderful story.
1. The level where you have no control over the jump button until your in mid air. I had issues with the smoke circles yes but THIS level was the most painful for me. You had the yellow circle behind a pipe which made it almost impossible to properly hit while multitasking by jumping in mid air and pressing the the mouse button at the correct time. This caused me a lot of heartache and I spent and extremely long time JUST on that level.
2. In some ways the ending was gorgeous..where it showed how our main character passing. Because I had played the first game I understood. Although the way it showed Jack afterward still left me slightly puzzled. I understand he had issues with drugs but I really wanted him to see the realization of what happened.
All in all I think you deserve almost a perfect five. The issue I had may of been frustrating but it may be my issue alone and wasn't nearly enough to ruin the wonderful experience.
Personally if you made a graphic novel or even a short story I'd read it first thing. Since you really have a way with plot. Thank you for the game, art, music, life lesson and time killer.
I love that many artists are starting to realize that flash games can still elicit emotions, and this is a beautiful example. The dialogue, music, graphics and gameplay all contribute to the overall tone of the story. The smoke is a very unique and and visually appealing gameplay element, while still very easy to use, although the smoke ring timing could get slightly annoying on time based puzzles. Overall, this game is a work of art, with an excellent concept and execution.
Oh and if you want the music click on thedavidcarney's profile link.
Thanks so much!
You can also find David's BandCamp page by clicking on his name in the Credits page of the main menu.
Truly an epic in indie gaming. This is a masterpiece. Thank you for making this beautiful game.
Thanks for such kind words!
What’s inside this box? A lot of puzzles! Can you solve all 30?
Use the mouse to navigate menus and to queue and cancel robot actions.
Made for the Adventure Jam 2016!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.